Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 03, 2014, 11:00:12 AM
Something you guys haven't really covered is our lack of rucks. I can see us targeting someone like Blicavs from Geelong or Sinclair from the Eagles to give Spencer and Gawn time to develop. Also, as much as I hate to say it I don't think Frawley will stay, which means we can't go after free agents this year as they'll lessen our compensation.

That's a good point. I unfortunately think Frawley will move on as well, but I'm not without hope  :)

I like to think if Melbourne continue to play the way they have been since Carlton for the rest of the year, and about 4-5 wins come out of that, then I think we will have done enough to convince him to stay

kilbluff1985

Quote from: MTTY on May 03, 2014, 10:51:31 AM
Ideally i'd like to see:

Taylor Walker - IN

James Frawley - Stay

Ryan O'Keefe & Brad Sewell - IN as playing coaches

Trade 1st round pick (Pick 1-3)+2nd/3rd rounder for 1st round pick (7-11)+ player

Teams that I reckon are a strong chance of having 7-11 (without taking into account any compo picks): (Player i'd want in the deal)

Adelaide: Taylor Walker
Collingwood: Taylor Adams or Nathan Freeman or Ben Kennedy+Paul Seedsman
Essendon: Myers+Kavanagh
Gold Coast: Jesse Lonergan
GWS: Dylan Shiel
North: Ryan Bastinac or Trent Dumont+ Ben Jacobs
Richmond: Reece Conca
St.Kilda: Blake Acres+Josh Bruce or Leigh Montagna+Josh Bruce
Sydney: Luke Parker or Tom Mitchell or Sam Reid
West Coast: Luke Shuey or Jack Darling or Andrew Gaff

Essendons first pick is not until after pick 18 or something i think

i think you guys should go after Tom Bell

MTTY

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 03, 2014, 03:25:51 PM
Quote from: MTTY on May 03, 2014, 10:51:31 AM
Ideally i'd like to see:

Taylor Walker - IN

James Frawley - Stay

Ryan O'Keefe & Brad Sewell - IN as playing coaches

Trade 1st round pick (Pick 1-3)+2nd/3rd rounder for 1st round pick (7-11)+ player

Teams that I reckon are a strong chance of having 7-11 (without taking into account any compo picks): (Player i'd want in the deal)

Adelaide: Taylor Walker
Collingwood: Taylor Adams or Nathan Freeman or Ben Kennedy+Paul Seedsman
Essendon: Myers+Kavanagh
Gold Coast: Jesse Lonergan
GWS: Dylan Shiel
North: Ryan Bastinac or Trent Dumont+ Ben Jacobs
Richmond: Reece Conca
St.Kilda: Blake Acres+Josh Bruce or Leigh Montagna+Josh Bruce
Sydney: Luke Parker or Tom Mitchell or Sam Reid
West Coast: Luke Shuey or Jack Darling or Andrew Gaff

Essendons first pick is not until after pick 18 or something i think

i think you guys should go after Tom Bell

Ah, of course. Forgot about that. Wouldn't mind Bell to be honest.

Bill Manspeaker

just came on to say...

flowerIN MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT STUFF BOYS

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on April 06, 2014, 10:23:06 PM
I'll be honest, if 2 of Dawes, Hogan or Clark were in the side for the first 3 games, Melbourne would be 2-1 and everybody would be praising Roos for being a savior coach.

The reality is though, they went 0-3 and looks like they will struggle to have a competitive forward line for half a year.

Much better side than last year though, as was just said Vince, Tyson and Cross all look really strong so far.

Don't want to tout my own horn but....

Purple 77

Bloody amazing win! Well done boys!  :D

Hell yeah!

Big Mac

We're starting to become a genuine middle of the road side, which might not mean much to some of you but is amazing for us. Will still get our pants pulled down by Hawthorn though :/

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 04, 2014, 10:35:51 AM
We're starting to become a genuine middle of the road side, which might not mean much to some of you but is amazing for us. Will still get our pants pulled down by Hawthorn though :/
As a supporter of a team that is (as argued by some)/has been there, I think I know how you feel.

There's definitely a lot to like about Melbourne and where they're heading at the moment (imo, as an outsider).

Toga

Huge win for the club on an away deck. You guys must be stoked!

Barra13

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 04, 2014, 10:35:51 AM
Will still get our pants pulled down by Hawthorn though :/

At least its not by everyone now!  :D :D

Definitely excited to be a competitive team again  :D

MTTY

Just wondering Purple, Barra and Big Mac (and other Dee's supporters), who is actually your favourite Dee's player?

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on May 04, 2014, 02:58:33 PM
Just wondering Purple, Barra and Big Mac (and other Dee's supporters), who is actually your favourite Dee's player?

Once upon a time, it was Trengove and Grimes (which they then co-incidentally became captains)

Trengove has annoyed me to no end, so he isn't as much, and Grimes, although starting to look good, hasn't keep my heart.

JKH has actually stolen my heart a little, but I think he has with everyone lol.

But it would have to be the predictable answer, Nathan Jones.

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 04, 2014, 05:01:27 PM
Quote from: MTTY on May 04, 2014, 02:58:33 PM

Once upon a time, it was Trengove and Grimes (which they then co-incidentally became captains)

Trengove has annoyed me to no end, so he isn't as much, and Grimes, although starting to look good, hasn't keep my heart.

JKH has actually stolen my heart a little, but I think he has with everyone lol.

But it would have to be the predictable answer, Nathan Jones.

Interesting, personally for me it's Rohan Bail. I don't know why, but I just like him as a player. Good thing his starting to show his talent after that run over head injuries and concussions.

Purple 77

I had all but written Bail off, a resented him being on the list for the last couple of years, but this year he has proven me dead wrong. I have liked him this year, and there is no denying that he is showing to be a capable player.

I also felt the same about Mat Jones last year, I just thought he was a list filler. But he has taken my eye this year as well. Also gotta pay credit to pederson in the last few weeks. Hated his guts at the beginning of this year, but ever since Carlton he has been a new player IMO