Main Menu

Fyfe two weeks,Dawson one.

Started by anchorman, March 31, 2014, 08:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

Nat Fyfe has been suspended for two weeks for head contact after Saturday nights game,and Zac Dawson one game for tripping.
Not happy Jan.both incidents were avoidable I believe.

valkorum

I am really annoyed by this.  I understand the new rules changes to the bump is gonna cost Fyfe (and that sucks) but it was the perfect bump.  His feet never left the ground, his shoulder made contact with Rischi's shoulder.  It was incidental head contact

One word sums this all up - SOFT.

Ricochet

What a load of shower this is. Understand the new rules but if they're going to ping players for this they might as play netball

Rusty00

Get used to it guys. With all the concern these days about concussions in sport, there is no way the rules will be going backwards to how they used to be :-\

valkorum

As I said in my post - I understand the rule change is gonna cost him but a bump doesn't get much fairer than that.  THE BUMP IS DEAD

Ringo

RIP - The BUMP.

The MRP with this decision has effectively removed the Bump from AFL. What more could Fyfe have done looking at the video feet firmly on the ground and a head clash resulting in bleeding to both. Thgis probably drew the MRP to look at the incident and then decided to charge Fyfe.

SydneyRox

Fyfe is the unfortunate casualty in this. Didnt leave the ground, didnt get him with elbow or shoulder.

But he had the choice to tackle, so no way he is gonna get off if for some reason Freo constest.

Feel slightly sorry for him but more sorry for Taylor Hunt who did the same thing but he was shepparding, so he didnt have the option to tackle.

The bump died in NRL and is now dead in AFL

Ricochet

Both have accepted their bans :(

T Dog

No Brownlow for either player now.. :(

valkorum

I had money on Fyfe for the Brownlow - thats gone now.

j959

Quote from: valkorum on April 01, 2014, 02:30:56 PM
I had money on Fyfe for the Brownlow - thats gone now.
was watching Footy Classified last night and they played the hit and one where Matera hit Fyfe in very similar circumstances - did that one even get a mention from MRP??

with any tribunal/decision maker, you just want consistency - the MRP is so inconsistent as to make Miley Cyrus/Kayne West/Lindsay Lohan look stable ...

valkorum

Nothing we can do about it now. 

anchorman

The bump is dead!!they have been saying that for two years now yet players still go to bump instead of tackling.When will the players learn.Two years ago the bump was D E A D,yes D E A D.
Sure it hurts,but rules are rules and Fyfe knew them.
The bump by Matera on Fyfe was different,there was no head contact.He hit the body.I thought it was a bit of a dog act actually ,but he did no damage.

valkorum

@anchorman Fyfe actually came off the ground after the contact from Matera as he was a little dazed.

anchorman

I know Valk,but it was totally different type of contact.There was no noticeable injury it was more a winding than an injury.
Had there been head high contact,blood or no blood,then Matera would have been in trouble.