Beginners Ruck!! Help Needed...

Started by fieval, March 13, 2010, 02:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fieval

Hoping for insight from the veterans here.

I have Sandilands as lock in number 1.

Now for number 2, is it a good idea to go with someone who will probably
get to lead e.g Renouf / Ottens. Or maybe a Charman at Brissie?? (I have $246,800 to spend, currently have Ottens but am looking at Renouf since Taylor is out).
Bench is Warnock and currently Skipper (who should get a few games and increase in value??)

Still not sure how it all ties together just yet. Should you just lock in rucks and forget trying to make money for trades in this area?

Any insights appreciated!

Fletch74

There are a couple of points to consider here:

1. Some would say have two lock rucks and don't touch. If you choose that opetion you need to downgrade somewhere else on the field.

2. Charman is injured til about Rd 4. Renouf can't score!!! look at someone like Ottens (Risky - LTI), Leuenberger (Risky- LTI), Hille (LTI) or NicNat.

Good luck!!

fieval

Thanks for the insights!

I have Ottens currently, but looked at Renouf as he should get more game time now. Charman and Leuenberger will both be battling for second spot at Lions.
Hille is definitely another interesting option. As for Nic Nat, he will be 2nd string to Cox so again may not see a lot of game time, unless he is played forward a bit?
If either Ottens or Hille stay healthy they could both be good value number 2 rucks.

Prospector_1

Usually rucks gain bucks slower than anyone else. So, you'd look to make your money elsewhere, and set the rucks for the year at the start.

gerco

I have to agree with Prospector.

Don't try to get cash cows in the ruck positions. Grab players who are proven point scorers, not player who have had injury stricken 2009s, and in the case of Ottens, careers in general.

Go 2 rucks over 330k (Kruze and everyone above) IMO.

Blueboys

Plus with all the cash cows in the mid why take the chance on your rucks!

fieval

Still learning!!

I only began my DT journey four days ago for a work comp, in that time I've probably rebuilt my team 8 or 9 times  :D
Every conversation leads to a vicious circle of: that makes sense, think I might change him in/out  ::)

As for cash cows!!

I'm thinking I need lots of guys who can play mid, as DT is'nt interested in team balance or building a footy team.

Therefore I have 4 forwards to play mid, 3 backs to play mid, 3 core Mids (Pendlebury, Mitchell and Selwood) with McVeigh, D. Martin, Barlow, L. Jetta and Kayler-Thomson (who may not be elevated anyway).
I'll post my team soon and would love a few critical eyes to run over it and pick it apart ;D

Justin Bieber

yeah as others said, locking rucks is the way to go. most of them have a slow rise as they are big units who move slowly. thats why clark and ryder were able to score well last year. they could move. nicnat could be the same but next year or the year after.

try to look at mobile ruckman who can rack up possessions around the ground as well as hitouts.

welcome to the world of dreamteam (and maybe sc). looks like you've learned alot in a couple of days ;D