Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: nickstiges on August 17, 2014, 10:01:35 AM
The difference between 1st and 2nd is negligible since they both get home finals, but I understand your point.
Hopefully the boys don't get ahead of themselves and forget that St Kilda did beat Freo.
I think there's a huge difference this year in getting to play 4th (Freo or Port), rather than 3rd (Hawks or Cats).

LaHug

Quote from: Jayman on August 17, 2014, 10:09:48 AM
The difference between 1st and 2nd is negligible since they both get home finals, but I understand your point.
Hopefully the boys don't get ahead of themselves and forget that St Kilda did beat Freo.
I think there's a huge difference this year in getting to play 4th (Freo or Port), rather than 3rd (Hawks or Cats).

Yep. That's the problem. Sydney and Hawthorn don't want to play Geelong so top spot matters.

We technically can catch on percentage with North's ability to win big and St. Kilda's ability to lose big but you guys would have to play sub par two weeks in a row and we'd have to play our best. It really is a matter of winning both or we're out.

kilbluff1985

pretty crazy how hard it will be to predict the top 8 next year

Jay

Quote from: LaHug on August 17, 2014, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: Jayman on August 17, 2014, 10:09:48 AM

Yep. That's the problem. Sydney and Hawthorn don't want to play Geelong so top spot matters.

We technically can catch on percentage with North's ability to win big and St. Kilda's ability to lose big but you guys would have to play sub par two weeks in a row and we'd have to play our best. It really is a matter of winning both or we're out.
Exactly, they'll have a lot on the line when the play Richmond, which isn't a good thing for the Tiges. I've got us losing to North by a couple of goals next week but St Kilda at home the week after should still boost our percentage well above Richmond's.

West Coast have a healthy percentage and games against the Dees and Suns, albeit they are both away games, you think they should win both comfortably. Crows and Tiges are in the same situation, need to win both to stay a game clear of the Eagles.

Mailman the 2nd

We're fine playing Geelong at home  8)

Jay

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 17, 2014, 11:21:44 AM
We're fine playing Geelong at home  8)
Even after what happened, I'd still rather play Freo...

kilbluff1985

i give you guys a big chance vs North

Jay

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 17, 2014, 11:31:42 AM
You just never know with the Crows, we're that flowering unpredictable. Knowing us we'll beat North but then get flogged by the Saints ::)

LaHug

Quote from: Jayman on August 17, 2014, 11:38:41 AM
You just never know with the Crows, we're that flowering unpredictable. Knowing us we'll beat North but then get flogged by the Saints ::)

You also never know with the Roos. At their best, they're significantly better than the Crows (and the Tigers, and most teams in the comp) but they are just as likely to play like piss as to play at their best. I'm hoping they play their best for 4 quarters and win by the 8 goals they're capable of but I know it won't happen...

Jay

Quote from: LaHug on August 17, 2014, 11:50:04 AM

You also never know with the Roos. At their best, they're significantly better than the Crows (and the Tigers, and most teams in the comp) but they are just as likely to play like piss as to play at their best. I'm hoping they play their best for 4 quarters and win by the 8 goals they're capable of but I know it won't happen...
I don't think we're bad enough to get blown out, it'll be a couple of kicks either way imo.

Can't help but thinking that it would be such a Richmond thing if they lose to the Saints this week :-X

LaHug

Quote from: Jayman on August 17, 2014, 11:54:25 AM
Quote from: LaHug on August 17, 2014, 11:50:04 AM

I don't think we're bad enough to get blown out, it'll be a couple of kicks either way imo.

Can't help but thinking that it would be such a Richmond thing if they lose to the Saints this week :-X

I don't think it's a matter of you guys being bad. I may be overrating them but I honestly think North is 6-10 goals better than everyone outside the top 4. They're just inconsistent as flower.

And yeah, it would be such a Richmond thing and I'm legitimately scared it'll happen...

Vinny

Think you are overrating them LH. There are many teams at their very best that can match Top 4 sides. North have beaten Top 4 sides but your very best means nothing if you cannot do it consistently.

It is pretty much sums up the year for Richmond, WCE, Carlton, Adelaide and Collingwood.

All these clubs playing at their best have put up great performances, matched top sides and been competitive but if they aren't doing it consistently it means nothing, if that makes sense.

LaHug

Quote from: Vinny on August 17, 2014, 12:10:20 PM
Think you are overrating them LH. There are many teams at their very best that can match Top 4 sides. North have beaten Top 4 sides but your very best means nothing if you cannot do it consistently.

It is pretty much sums up the year for Richmond, WCE, Carlton, Adelaide and Collingwood.

All these clubs playing at their best have put up great performances, matched top sides and been competitive but if they aren't doing it consistently it means nothing, if that makes sense.

Fair enough. Maybe I've just watched the games North has played well and missed the shower ones because they always look amazing when I see them on the idiot box.

Mailman the 2nd

North are just a super polarized team. Impossible to tell whether they'll show up or not

Vinny

Yeah they have definitely been good and at their very best would probably beat every side outside the 4 but if they  were matched up against any of the 5 teams whilst they too were playing at their best, think it would make a pretty good contest.

All five of WCE, Richmond, Carlton, Adelaide and Collingwood have all played good footy at times, just a matter of not doing it consistently enough. Whether that be across quarters or just weeks.