Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

I thought this was the part where someone gives me some sign of hope that he will play this week. :'(

Toga

Maybe. :P

King was obviously injured, expecting him to get a break. So either Gordon holds his spot, Sam Lloyd debuts, or McDonough is recalled... Not sure what it'll be yet, but I think Gordon should get another run after his performance on Saturday!

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on April 07, 2014, 03:27:57 PM
Yeah, I don't the tackling stats are of huge concern.
We're a high possession team, so if we have the ball we can't tackle the opposition.  ;)

Its not about numbers Jroo its about sticking a tackle and burying the player when you get the chance not letting them just slip through. Saw far to many broken tackles the past 2 weeks and its a major concern

T Dog

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on April 08, 2014, 01:13:17 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on April 07, 2014, 03:27:57 PM
Yeah, I don't the tackling stats are of huge concern.
We're a high possession team, so if we have the ball we can't tackle the opposition.  ;)

Its not about numbers Jroo its about sticking a tackle and burying the player when you get the chance not letting them just slip through. Saw far to many broken tackles the past 2 weeks and its a major concern
Fair enough. That's where the inclusion of Thomas has helped, he's one of the hardest players in the comp.

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-08/in-the-mix-round-four

Vice-captain Brett Deledio will face a fitness test on his injured ankle, with the Tigers desperate to regain him for Friday night's clash against Collingwood. Ruckman Shaun Hampson (knee) and small forward Jake King (corked quad) will also need to prove their fitness ahead of the crucial match. Half-back Nick Vlastuin was substituted with concussion against the Western Bulldogs and will have six days to recover. Pushing up from the VFL team, Matt McDonough impressed in a half before heading to Etihad Stadium as the Tigers' emergency last Saturday. He appears first in line after an impressive pre-season with Nathan Foley and draftee Ben Lennon also on standby. -

Nige

No mention of Lloyd or Arnot, so we can probably put a line through their names.

Lids for Push-Up.
Orren for Hammer if he gets up.
Donuts unlucky to miss, unless Tigga doesn't get up.

Toga

Good to hear McDonough is doing good things in the VFL and is in line for a recall. Dare I say it, might be a good downgrade target in a couple :P

I agree with those changes Nigey, Hampson in for Orren is pretty much a given, and with King looking sore on the weekend it's pretty likely that he could come straight out for Lids.

Who becomes the sub if those changes are made? Does Nippa Gordon keep the vest again or is there anyone else that might see some time as the sub?

Nige

I'd like to see us give Nip a full game... maybe make Shaun Grigg the sub like we did once last year?

Ricochet

Rohan CT ‏@RohanCT  18h
Achilles Tendonitis scans for Brett Deledio. #aflpiestigers

:-\

Vinny

Quote from: Ricochet on April 09, 2014, 01:29:00 PM
Rohan CT ‏@RohanCT  18h
Achilles Tendonitis scans for Brett Deledio. #aflpiestigers

:-\
showertttt  :-[

Jroo

:-\ Hopefully it's not serious

Toga

Ah flower that's bad news :( Fingers crossed he's all ok

Nige

Oh flower. Please gawd no...  :(

Jroo

QuoteAnd Deledio, who last week missed his first game in seven years with an ankle injury  ??? ???, says after six straight defeats since 2007 the Tigers had to get over the Magpies.

"I'm still a chance, I have just got to get through the last training session," Deledio said.  :)

"It is starting to feel good again. I am still 50-50 at this stage, but I definitely haven't ruled myself out.

"It's a huge game for us and I'd desperately love to play. We haven't beaten Collingwood for a while in the season proper, so hopefully we can this week.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-star-brett-deledio-says-its-time-richmond-started-beating-collingwood/story-fni5f9jb-1226879143580