Round 1 Rising Star nomination: Luke Dunstan

Started by Bill Manspeaker, March 24, 2014, 07:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

read this on the Saints board on BF:

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 47s
St Kilda's Luke Dunstan the rd1 NAB AFL Rising Star after 21 possessions, 7 marks and 7 tackles on debut in his side's 17-point win v Melb.

great work son 8)

Toga

Yes Lukey D!

Great pick up for you boys, was always going to have an immediate impact and it's great to see his work recognised already in the season. Keep up the good work Dunstan!

Nige

Absolute superstar. 8)

This guy's gonna be an elite player sooner rather than later.

He's gotta be one of the frontrunners for the Rising Star this year.

Grazz

Jroo

I didn't realise this was going to be announced today, it's normally tomorrow.
Anyway good effort from Luke, wish I put some money on him at $26 to win the award, last week. I was thinking about doing it, but forgot to do it  :-[.

Bill Manspeaker

haha weird coincidence JROO, not long after I asked in that other thread I jumped on BF, and saw it there ;D

Vinny

BoredSaint

Pkbaldy

Quote from: JROO8 on March 24, 2014, 08:02:04 PM
Anyway good effort from Luke, wish I put some money on him at $26 to win the award, last week. I was thinking about doing it, but forgot to do it  :-[.

Put a cool $50 on him Friday night ( Had a few to drink ). And now I don't regret it one bit! Bring on the grand I say! Should play nearly every game unless injured. Going to be a good year for this kid.

Jroo

Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 25, 2014, 02:47:14 PM

Put a cool $50 on him Friday night ( Had a few to drink ). And now I don't regret it one bit! Bring on the grand I say! Should play nearly every game unless injured. Going to be a good year for this kid.
Nice. Good luck, Dunstan is now favourite with Daniher and Hunter.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: JROO8 on March 25, 2014, 03:02:35 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 25, 2014, 02:47:14 PM

Nice. Good luck, Dunstan is now favourite with Daniher and Hunter.

I was amazed that he was sitting at $26... Like look at him. He's built like a brick already and he showed in both NAB matches he had get under the ball. I would of even highly considered it if he was under $15. But thanks man. Be really good for the club if he wins the rising star. It'll show our recruiting is finally improving, even though it hasn't been as bad as people say it is...

BoredSaint

I looked at him after we drafted him.. like the highlights on the AFL website and I was like.. This guy reminds me so much of Jobe Watson. Big frame, lacks speed, but just has the ability to extract the ball in contests