Patrick Dangerfield to weigh up Adelaide prospects

Started by Jroo, March 19, 2014, 08:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 01, 2014, 01:03:47 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 01, 2014, 12:58:36 PM
Haha, even if Danger played for free there wouldn't be enough room in the Swans salary cap ;)

We'll just kick out Mike Pyke and bring back Andrew Browne and Angus Graham on $25 a week

Based on the last two weeks they'd probably do just as well!

Toga

Yeah that still doesn't confirm for me that he's 100% gonna be staying in Adelaide. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

PowerBug

Ok I have a hypothetical here, because this one actually is a hypothetical. Very early in the thread someone said "every club would want Danger." Now let's say Ken Hinkley decided he wanted Dangerfield.

Dangerfield is now in the teal, black and white. Imagine the reception, he'd get zero coverage, all those journalists that wank over him currently will be crying and finding ways to take pot shots at Port Adelaide. Stephen Rowe will probably commit suicide (actually, if Dangerfield leaves Adelaide in general he will). The Showdown will be hotly contested, obviously Port are the bad guys. Just in general, I reckon there'll be a civil war from West Lakes to Alberton Oval. ;D

Toga

That would be a very entertaining situation :P

elephants

Haha the Adelaide Civil War of 2015 :P

I can actually see that as a wikipedia page hahaa

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 01, 2014, 12:52:11 PM
That's what Franklin and Tippett said, trust me in time he'll be in the red and white.

Move over Eddie, there's a new juggernaut in town
Cha-ching. we have him now. bwahahahaha

Nige

Quote from: elephants on May 01, 2014, 06:00:26 PM

It reads so beautifully.

Ziplock

Quote from: NigeyS on May 02, 2014, 02:21:03 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 01, 2014, 06:00:26 PM

It reads so beautifully.

let's face it- that's a win-win scenario by all of society.

tbagrocks

Ok my turn and here's the spin .........

Dangerman will never move to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or the Gold Coast, he likes the country lifestyle and Adelaide is a big country town after all :)  He will never move to a big city

Geelong yes, could be a real chance but remember, how would they fit him in their salary cap? ???  Even if the Cats offer 1-1.5 Mil, the crows can match and he stays

The other way is if they were to trade him in, what would they be giving? ???

Hahah sorry Victorians and Sydneysiders :P  the Dangerman was always staying ;)

Noz

No one stays at the Crows anyway why would Dangerfield be any different.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 02, 2014, 06:42:47 PM

Dangerman will never move to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or the Gold Coast, he likes the country lifestyle and Adelaide is a big country town after all :)  He will never move to a big city

Geelong yes, could be a real chance but remember, how would they fit him in their salary cap? ???  Even if the Cats offer 1-1.5 Mil, the crows can match and he stays

With Adelaide wasting a big portion of their salary cap on Eddie Betts I could see a club like Hawthorn offering Dangerfield a 6-7 year deal that would send Adelaide bankrupt if they tried to match

tbagrocks

What part of not playing in a big city did we miss?

going to be a nice Vic Country midfield in a few years with Sloaney, Dangerman and the Crouch's all still in Adelaide and all still dominating :)

elephants

Sooooo... Perth is not a big city and really is a bit like a country town compared to Melbourne. Also interesting to see you didn't make mention of them ;)

I'm hearing there's a three-way swap looming.

WCE gives Matt Rosa to Carlton --> Carlton gives Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide --> Adelaide gives Patrick Dangerfield + first round pick to WCE.

Just what my many sources are telling me 8)

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on May 05, 2014, 02:43:28 PM

Sooooo... Perth is not a big city and really is a bit like a country town compared to Melbourne. Also interesting to see you didn't make mention of them ;)

WCE gives Matt Rosa to Carlton --> Carlton gives Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide --> Adelaide gives Patrick Dangerfield + first round pick to WCE.

hahahaha. Both carlton and adelaide get screwed in that trade :P

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ziplock on May 05, 2014, 06:26:13 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 05, 2014, 02:43:28 PM

hahahaha. Both carlton and adelaide get screwed in that trade :P

Adelaide should hire you as their recruiter ;)