Main Menu

Jack Martin facing a long layoff

Started by GoLions, March 17, 2014, 04:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-17/martins-extensive-damage-

"GOLD Coast teenager Jack Martin will be sidelined for an extended period of time after scans on Monday revealed considerable damage to his left AC joint."

"The nature of the injury means Jack will be sidelined for an extended period of time."

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/3/gold-coast-suns-youngster-jack-martin-sidelined-indefinitely-with-shoulder-injury/

"Boom Gold Coast youngster Jack Martin is facing months on the sidelines after scans revealed the extent of the damage to his left shoulder on Monday. "

Wish him all the best with his recovery, should be a star in years to come. Such an unlucky way for someone to start their AFL career  :-\

Ricochet

Bugger. This kid could be anything, not a great start to his career.

Vinny

SC PAIGE. Beware, they aren't the most reliable but generally are solid.

For those of you with Jack Martin, reports are suggesting that he may miss as much as 16 weeks after scans revealed damage to his shoulder.

Toga

flower, 16 weeks! Didn't expect it to be that bad! :o

JBs-Hawks

When I was hoping for an LTI in axv so I could upgrade jack to my senior list I didn't mean you get injured Jacky boy!

Nige

4 months is a pretty solid stint on the sidelines. Must have really done some damage to that shoulder.  :o

Vinny

Toga

Feel for the kid, would be a pretty devastating way to start your career. Hopefully for him he can get up and get himself prepared again for a return either late this season or even next season! I'm sure GC won't be wanting to rush their prized recruit...

Toga

Didn't even think about this before but if he's out for that long there's gonna be some very disappointed punters out there... I assume there would've been a lot of money thrown behind him for this year's rising star!

Ringo

Quote from: Toga on March 17, 2014, 09:33:13 PM
Didn't even think about this before but if he's out for that long there's gonna be some very disappointed punters out there... I assume there would've been a lot of money thrown behind him for this year's rising star!
Well think on the bright side if he is out for more than 13 weeks he will still be eligible for rising star next year.

Alka

Hah, now there's a decent punt that could pay off! Rising star 2015. Pretty long-term prospect though.

Was terrible to see him only get 5 minutes on the ground though. Hopefully he comes back even fitter.

Ziplock

On a plus side, somehow he's in none of my teams :p

kilbluff1985

Jack Martin close to returning

GOLD COAST
After three months out with a shoulder injury, exciting first-year player Jack Martin is close to putting his hand up for selection. Martin injured himself in the opening round against Richmond and still needs the tick of approval to resume playing from his surgeon. However, he has begun contact training and has recovered strongly. The Suns play Geelong on Saturday and need to decide whether to rush him back or return the 19-year-old through the reserves the following week (they have a bye this weekend). - Michael Whiting

Bill Manspeaker

nice! waited ages to watch him play, then he gets injured and misses more than half the season. get him back in the team!

Jroo

I hope he's back, even though he'll probably be the sub.