Main Menu

Round 1 Discussion

Started by quinny88, March 10, 2014, 12:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

I'm wondering whether we might make Knights the sub or start him and then sub him.

He's arguably best 22 and I feel like he has a bit to offer.

Petterd is versatile, can play down or forward like McGuane, but he's better. Also stiff.

Jroo

I reckon our team will look like this.
B: Astbury Chaplin Morris
HB: Vlastuin Rance Martin
C: Ellis Conca Houli
HF: Grigg Jroo S.Edwards
FF: Griffiths Vickery King
Foll: Hampson Cotchin Lids
Int: McDonough Thomas Newman Petterd
Not sure who stars as the sub, maybe McDonough or Edwards.

nickstiges

Quote from: quinny88 on March 12, 2014, 12:33:00 AM
Whats your team look like for this game boys? I would like to see..

B:   Grimes, Chaplin, Morris
HB: Houli,  Rance, Martin
C:   Ellis, Deledio, Conca
HF: Titch, Riewoldt, Newy
FF:  King, Vickery, Griffiths
Foll: Hampson, Cotchin, Thomas

Int: Vlastuin, Grigg, McDonough, Sub: Foley

Emg: Petterd, Astbury, Stephenson

Going to be warm and humid up there this time of year so would rather we went with a smaller side with a bit of extra pace.
Thomas gets the job on Gaz (poor barbie), left Knights out because I think he needs a bit more match fitness. Grimes is ahead of Astbury still in my books, Griffiths has demanded a spot.. Its funny that Chocco made Griff his project this year and were already seeing the benefits. McDonough has surely done enough and would be really stiff to miss out

Yeah that team looks about right, but I'd have Petterd in there over Foley with maybe Grigg or Titch as sub. Dimma's shown he likes Petterd plus Foley dropped from the EF side last year (that ball drop must be what gets him picked).

I think Knights and Lennon will fight for McDonough and the sub spot a few weeks into the season, obviously Knights would be ahead with Lennon's injury and inexperience but I'm sure he'll see game time too.

Also don't discount Arnot from Round 1 calculations, I think the coaches like his attack on the ball, like a bigger forward wrecking ball version of Morris.

Jroo

Quote from: nickstiges on March 12, 2014, 09:33:23 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 12, 2014, 12:33:00 AM
Whats your team look like for this game boys? I would like to see..

B:   Grimes, Chaplin, Morris
HB: Houli,  Rance, Martin
C:   Ellis, Deledio, Conca
HF: Titch, Riewoldt, Newy
FF:  King, Vickery, Griffiths
Foll: Hampson, Cotchin, Thomas

Int: Vlastuin, Grigg, McDonough, Sub: Foley

Emg: Petterd, Astbury, Stephenson

Going to be warm and humid up there this time of year so would rather we went with a smaller side with a bit of extra pace.
Thomas gets the job on Gaz (poor barbie), left Knights out because I think he needs a bit more match fitness. Grimes is ahead of Astbury still in my books, Griffiths has demanded a spot.. Its funny that Chocco made Griff his project this year and were already seeing the benefits. McDonough has surely done enough and would be really stiff to miss out

Yeah that team looks about right, but I'd have Petterd in there over Foley with maybe Grigg or Titch as sub. Dimma's shown he likes Petterd plus Foley dropped from the EF side last year (that ball drop must be what gets him picked).

I think Knights and Lennon will fight for McDonough and the sub spot a few weeks into the season, obviously Knights would be ahead with Lennon's injury and inexperience but I'm sure he'll see game time too.

Also don't discount Arnot from Round 1 calculations, I think the coaches like his attack on the ball, like a bigger forward wrecking ball version of Morris.
Yeah, Dimma rates Petterd a lot higher than us Tiger fans. A lot of best 22's I have seen, have Petterd missing, but Dimma rates him and I believe he's best 22, for now.

Toga

I hope Knights plays (if he is match fit), think he'll be a very valuable addition to the team this year.

Think the team will look something like:

FB: Morris Chaplin Grimes
HB: Houli Rance Newman
C: Ellis Conca Deledio
HF: Martin Riewoldt Knights
FF: S.Edwards Vickery Griffiths
Fol: Hampson Cotchin Thomas

I/C: Vlastuin Lloyd Grigg
Sub: Petterd

Nige

Push-Up isn't playing, neither is Jacko.

Nige

Round 1 Richmond team

B:  Chaplin, Rance, Astbury

HB:  Houli, Newman, Morris

C:  Grigg, Martin, Ellis

HF:  Petterd, Conca, Vlastuin

F:  Griffths, Vickery, Riewoldt

R:  Hampson, Cotchin, Deledio

IC:  S. Edwards, McDonough, Thomas, Foley

Emerg:  Lloyd, A. Edwards, Gordon

No Knights, No Grimes.

nickstiges

Well there's our mate Ball Drop named. Thinking Foley/McDonough for green/red vest.

Nige

I'm a Petterd guy, I'm happy.

I agree on the Axel/Donuts vest thing. Seems the most likely scenario.

nickstiges

I don't mind him as a player, does his job when asked most of the time. Just don't like his kicking action.

In terms of this week's team though I think Knights would have served the team better with the ability to play as both an inside mid and an attacking HFF/Wing type as he showed before doing his knee rather than Petterd who doesn't run through the midfield much, if at all and provides more of HF or HB swingman which is what Newman has been groomed for over the preseason.

In Petterd's defence though he did play extremely well against the Suns last year which may have factored in to the decision.

Jroo

Yeah, I reckon Foley will get the green vest.

Toga

I like the team! Although would have liked to see Knightsy played... :(

There's our man Nip Gordon named as emergency... Didn't expect that tbh! But good to see he's amongst it.

I'm thinking Foles for sub.

Nige

Just quietly, I'm flowering sick to death of some of our fellow supporters making such flog-like calls on the Facebook page.  :P

Toga

Nige

Quote from: Toga on March 13, 2014, 09:58:55 PM
Give us some examples!!
They're just talking out their arses man. Slamming my boy Ricky mainly.  :P

Dimma loves Ricky, I love Ricky, he's versatile and he offers more than Az Edwards imo.