Main Menu

Burgers..Burgers..Burgers

Started by T Dog, February 26, 2014, 11:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

Would recommend the beef burger from St Ali in South Melbourne also a very decent coffee place top 5 in the city

Holz

WA people should know Alfreds Kitchen .

It's half the experience half the burger that makes it great.

Nige

Me and my mate plan to check out all of these burger joints in Melbourne that been listed by various people in the thread.  8)

RaisyDaisy

A few people have said that they don't like Grill'd

I agree 100%. Overrated place with average burgers. Went there once, never again. Burger Edge was nice 5 years ago, but now their prices are just ridiculous for what they serve up

My friend and I have been talking about getting over to Andrews Burgers in South Melbourne. It always gets rated as the best in Melb and one of the best in Oz, so I need to get over and suss it out

Hard Rock Cafe on the Gold Coast is where I've had my best burger ever. It was so damn good, with a big onion ring in it

I honestly think the best burgers are the ones you make at home. I make an incredible burger :D

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 28, 2014, 10:41:00 AM
I honestly think the best burgers are the ones you make at home. I make an incredible burger :D
So dinner at T Dog's this week and maybe at yours some time next week?  :P ;D

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 28, 2014, 10:41:00 AM
My friend and I have been talking about getting over to Andrews Burgers in South Melbourne. It always gets rated as the best in Melb and one of the best in Oz, so I need to get over and suss it out

Do it. Just a couple of things before you go, the shop is tiny, like reallllllyyyyy tiny. There are some benches around and tables out front you can eat at. You generally have to wait due to the amount of burgers they pump out and how busy you get. I have had to wait 45 minutes before and they had 6 people working behind the counter. They aso have weird hours. They close a couple of hours in the afternoon (I think 3-5) and then close at 9. They are also closed on Sundays. If you are travelling from a while away on a Saturday night, call through to check they aren't sold out

jobe#4

Quote from: henry on October 27, 2014, 11:37:46 PM
I've been to the Royale Brothers mentioned in the article and got a burger from there, it was very good but not sure it was the best I've had. I should check out that one in Moorabbin, looks like its about a 10 min walk from my place, never heard of it but once exams are done will go check it out one day.

I actually really like the burger at Sir Johns in Monash Clayton. When I'm out and we're feeling maccas me and mates go the pounder, which is literally 4 x the quarter pounder, so 4 patties. It feels so good if you're drunk enough, then you wake up the next morning and feel disgusting lol
mate its the maccas hangover! like when you haven't had maccas in a month or so and you have it, it basically liquefies your bowels!

kilbluff1985

I reckon the double stacker thing at KFC is pretty good had it for lunch I mean the one where they just use the meat as buns

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 18, 2014, 11:48:40 PM
I reckon the double stacker thing at KFC is pretty good had it for lunch I mean the one where they just use the meat as buns

Sounds like a cardiac arrest just waiting to happen  :-X

No fast food place can even be considered when it comes to talking about the best burgers. Don't get me wrong, I'll smash fast food after a night on the beers or if it's late and there is nothing else open, but other than that there are a million more better options for take away over Macca's, KFC etc

Nige

After all the hype and talk, ended up having Grill'd the other day (Thursday) when I went out with my mate, then again on Sunday night for dinner with another mate. So I went from never having it to eating Grill'd twice in four days.  :P

And yes, I really enjoyed it!  8)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 19, 2014, 03:43:37 AM

No fast food place can even be considered when it comes to talking about the best burgers. Don't get me wrong, I'll smash fast food after a night on the beers or if it's late and there is nothing else open, but other than that there are a million more better options for take away over Macca's, KFC etc

not really down this way (Frankston)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 19, 2014, 05:13:00 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 19, 2014, 03:43:37 AM

not really down this way (Frankston)

Your local fish and chip shop would make a better burger than any fast food outlet

Bill Manspeaker

yeah fish n chip shop burgers are flowerin awesome

Nige

Quote from: brad on November 20, 2014, 03:09:10 PM
yeah fish n chip shop burgers are flowerin awesome
Yep, they do them really well. There's this one in Huntingdale that does a really good burger with the lot.

Grazz

Dudge told me here in Adelaide a place called Stormies does a great Fur Burger. Never heard of it or the place meself.  :P