Main Menu

Burgers..Burgers..Burgers

Started by T Dog, February 26, 2014, 11:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 26, 2014, 11:52:04 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 26, 2014, 11:31:08 PM
That first one looks amazing.  :o :(
Yeah that's from Grill'd. They do the best chips if you've never had them before, I'm not even kidding. The best chips.

Get chips from Burger Edge if you like the grilled ones. They don't have the herbs (I'm not really into smothering chips with flavour, I like the crunchy potato feel) and report back please :)

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on February 28, 2014, 01:24:14 AM
Yeah that's from Grill'd. They do the best chips if you've never had them before, I'm not even kidding. The best chips.

Get chips from Burger Edge if you like the grilled ones. They don't have the herbs (I'm not really into smothering chips with flavour, I like the crunchy potato feel) and report back please :)
But the herbs are like the best paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Mr.Craig

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 27, 2014, 12:19:07 AM

Can confirm, the absolute best I've had.

I hate Grill'd

Old Burger foundry used to be the best but have gone downhill under new owners.

Best now probably Nordburger. Or if you wanna drive a little goto Port Wakefield and get the Nacho Burger.

Mat0369

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 26, 2014, 05:46:14 PM
I hate Grill'd

Agreed. When I was in Adelaide I went to a burger place that had a really similar menu to Grill'd but did it a lot better. It was called FB's Fancy Burgers just off Rundle Street.

I got a top 5 for those in Melbourne

In no particular order

1. Andrews Burgers in South Melbourne
2. Terminus Pub in Clifton Hill
3. Brother Burger and The Marvellous Brew in Fitzroy. The Oh Brother with Bacon is the shower, if they get busy they can be sloppy, but if they aren't super busy the burgers are awesome. They also do an awesome bbq sauce which they make in house.
4. Badger vs Hawk in the city - they do an awesome chicken burger
5. Detour in Hawthorn - I have a soft spot for it, they used to also be known as BBNT (Burgers Burritos Nachos and Tacos) and closed down. They had a store in King Street. I used to go after the games at Etihad. I was generally a fat cow when I used to go there and get the No Disrespect (now known as the Hazard.)

I have heard the Merrywell do an awesome burger but haven't had a chance to check it out.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 26, 2014, 06:12:06 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 26, 2014, 05:46:14 PM
I hate Grill'd

Agreed. When I was in Adelaide I went to a burger place that had a really similar menu to Grill'd but did it a lot better. It was called FB's Fancy Burgers just off Rundle Street.

I got a top 5 for those in Melbourne

In no particular order

1. Andrews Burgers in South Melbourne
2. Terminus Pub in Clifton Hill
3. Brother Burger and The Marvellous Brew in Fitzroy. The Oh Brother with Bacon is the shower, if they get busy they can be sloppy, but if they aren't super busy the burgers are awesome. They also do an awesome bbq sauce which they make in house.
4. Badger vs Hawk in the city - they do an awesome chicken burger
5. Detour in Hawthorn - I have a soft spot for it, they used to also be known as BBNT (Burgers Burritos Nachos and Tacos) and closed down. They had a store in King Street. I used to go after the games at Etihad. I was generally a fat cow when I used to go there and get the No Disrespect (now known as the Hazard.)

I have heard the Merrywell do an awesome burger but haven't had a chance to check it out.
I'd rather not...

nrich102

Mat0369

Quote from: GoLions on October 26, 2014, 06:14:50 PM
I'd rather not...

It is right next to the train tracks

I promise it is Wagyu beef and not Wagyu Bob

Mr.Craig

Mat0369

Mr.Craig

Big Mac

I had a Jack Daniels burger from TGI Fridays once. Best I've had I think

JBs-Hawks

Nige

The double cheeseburger I had from Hungry Jack's on Thursday night went down well.  :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Nige on October 26, 2014, 07:31:22 PM
The double cheeseburger I had from Hungry Jack's on Thursday night went down well.  :P

triple is better