New take on old strategy.

Started by jvalles69, February 14, 2014, 02:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

I'm tweaking the usual premos plus rookies strategy with adding 1 unique pick in defense, mids and forwards.  Think this is one
way to overcome the issue of teams being very similar and breaking away from the pack.

Def: Lachlan Hansen - think he actually leads the league in mark intercepts and takes close to 8 marks a game, rebound footy at its best, should consistently push high 80's into the 90's.

Mids: Liberatore - Beast. Stepped it up last year and should step it up to elite level this year, thats what I think/hope anyway.

For: Jack Darling - Should score big and make a bit of cash to start, pushing up the ground, tackling and getting a run through the middle.  Doubt he could be a keeper though, but with trades galore risks are needed to get out to a good start.

Anyone else employing a similar strategy and who would your uniques be?

upthemaidens

Just remember that a unique can break you away from the pack..... in both directions  :-X

jvalles69

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 14, 2014, 03:51:34 PM
  Just remember that a unique can break you away from the pack..... in both directions  :-X

Very true.  Out of mine though I think Hansen is safe to average over 80 which in the past is about right for the back end of your defenders, I'm pretty confident Libba will be pushing 110 every week, Darling is the one I'm iffy about, will prob do alright the first few games and as soon as they hit someone hard I might dump in.  Got my eye on Dalhaus too.

upthemaidens

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 14, 2014, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 14, 2014, 03:51:34 PM

Very true.  Out of mine though I think Hansen is safe to average over 80 which in the past is about right for the back end of your defenders, I'm pretty confident Libba will be pushing 110 every week, Darling is the one I'm iffy about, will prob do alright the first few games and as soon as they hit someone hard I might dump in.  Got my eye on Dalhaus too.
Give it a go, I personally wouldnt touch any of those players,, but then again thats what makes em unique.