WXV 2014 Preseason Competition

Started by ossie85, February 11, 2014, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Appreciate HB and others helping out with the concept.....

Well, the first two rounds you don't have to do anything!

Qualifying Round

The 18 teams split into 3 groups, based on premiership rankings from last year.

Group A: Sao Paulo, Cairo, Cape Town, Seoul, PNL, Wellington
Group B: Mexico City, Moscow, Toronto, New York, Tokyo, Beijing
Group C: Buenos Aires, Berlin, Dublin, London, New Delhi, Pacific

The total SC score of your ENTIRE squad counts from the first 9 matches of the NAB Challenge.

The highest scoring team from each group progresses to the final 4, plus the highest scoring team that didn't qualify.

Semi Final

The 4 teams that qualify from the first week are ranked from highest scoring to lowest scoring.

Highest scoring team v 4th highest scoring team
2nd highest scoring team v 3rd highest scoring team

The total SC score of your ENTIRE squad counts from the last 9 matches of the NAB Challenge.

Final

The winning teams from the Semi-Final face off against each other. Final round of practice matches of the NAB Challenge.

Each team selects a XV like a normal match. Scoring based on SC.

Happy to discuss though!

Purple 77

Meh, looks fine to me, probably the best way to do it as well  8)

CrowsFan

Will be interesting to see how this goes, since really it will come down to who has the most players play. Could give an advantage to some of the younger teams as many teams will play their youngsters at this point to see how they go.

So far from the 2 games with teams named I have got 8 of a possible 11 set to play...

Nige

Got 7 out of 10 playing so far.

Dwyer, Bews and Hartman the absentees.

CrowsFan

My absentees are Kersten (semi injured), Whitcross (injured) and Kyle Martin

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 11, 2014, 04:13:08 PM
My absentees are Kersten (semi injured), Whitcross (injured) and Kyle Martin
Our guys are just too shower.  :P

Purple 77

3/5 for me...

Huh, just realised I have no Geelong or Hawthorn players, thats uncomforting  :-\

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 11, 2014, 06:58:48 PM
3/5 for me...

Huh, just realised I have no Geelong or Hawthorn players, thats uncomforting  :-\
We have two Geelong players, and both are shower, yet to play a game... and if my inkling holds true, probably never will.  :(

I blame ML for wanting one of them for no good reason.  :P

DazBurg

Daneil rich missies out for us
but Cyril rioli and Mitch Hallahan are playing

BTW Ossman think there was a mistake made in the preseason draft thread and the PNL thread it says we got Zachary O'Brien
ummm is that meant to be Nicholas O'Brien?

ossie85

Quote from: DazBurg on February 11, 2014, 07:26:20 PM
Daneil rich missies out for us
but Cyril rioli and Mitch Hallahan are playing

BTW Ossman think there was a mistake made in the preseason draft thread and the PNL thread it says we got Zachary O'Brien
ummm is that meant to be Nicholas O'Brien?

Nope, Zach O'Brien

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 09, 2013, 08:50:21 PM
Sorry for a minor hold up fellas. Was going through a few players and seeing which guys to bring it. Was going to bring in ____ but had enough forwards and came across this guy and couldn't pass him as think he could turn into something decent!

PNL welcome Zachary O'Brien to the rookie list! Mature age inside midfielder who has a clean boot and also tackles well.

Nick O'Brien belongs to Tokyo

Justin Bieber

Yep, Nick is the Bombers one, we grabbed the one from Lions :P.

DazBurg

ahhhh ok wasn't sure when searching in google for him couldn't find him but found him on footywire as Zac o'brien

thanks for clearing that up Ossman and HP  :)

Ringo

CrowsFan

Quote from: BB67th on February 12, 2014, 08:19:08 PM
There aren't any for NAB Challenge. Fantasy Freako is providing a few on his Twitter as he is with Champion Data so he has them.

They have said that hey will release the scores for the match later tonight or in the morning.
So apparently SC scores will be released for these games relatively quickly. Do we want to use these or are we sticking with DT scores?

ossie85

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 12, 2014, 08:27:34 PM
Quote from: BB67th on February 12, 2014, 08:19:08 PM
There aren't any for NAB Challenge. Fantasy Freako is providing a few on his Twitter as he is with Champion Data so he has them.

They have said that hey will release the scores for the match later tonight or in the morning.
So apparently SC scores will be released for these games relatively quickly. Do we want to use these or are we sticking with DT scores?

If it's quick, SC sounds great