Main Menu

Mick backs Bryce

Started by Ricochet, February 07, 2014, 12:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-02-07/mick-backs-bryce

Carlton coach Mick Malthouse has sprung to the defence of Bryce Gibbs, saying he is unsure what the midfielder has to do to get the critics off his back.

As 2006's No.1 draft pick, Gibbs is viewed as an unfulfilled talent by some footy fans despite recording two top-three best and fairest finishes in his seven-season career and last year becoming the second youngest Blue to reach 150 games (behind Robert Walls).

Malthouse told AFL.com.au this week Gibbs - like every Carlton player - can take his game to another level in 2014, but the Blues coach still can't understand some people's reservations about the South Australian.

"I'm bemused that people say about him, 'Where's his improvement?'" Malthouse said.

"He is already a very, very good footballer. He finished in the top five of our best and fairest last year.

"I don't really get what Bryce has to do to convince people he's a good footballer and verging on a very, very good footballer."

truBLUE

Yeah it does amaze me why he gets bagged so much, Has been great for blues has finished top 4 player for the last few years and has plenty of room to improve  :o