Main Menu

Bye Strategy

Started by Smileys Bruisres, February 03, 2014, 03:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smileys Bruisres

I want to throw it out there when people are making there side what is the preffered best strategy for the byes?

Currently i have 10/9/11 which i think is allright

Mr.Craig

I'm currently at 8/11/11 but a number of those Round 9/10 guys are cash cows and will be moved on pre byes.

Football Factory

One thing i try to avoid is too many round 8 premo's, round 9 and 10 premo's can be sideways traded if structure allows when the time comes. If you sideways a couple of round 8 premo's into 9 and 10 then you have a bigger problem as you progress through the bye rounds.

mezzoculo

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 03, 2014, 06:28:40 PM
One thing i try to avoid is too many round 8 premo's, round 9 and 10 premo's can be sideways traded if structure allows when the time comes. If you sideways a couple of round 8 premo's into 9 and 10 then you have a bigger problem as you progress through the bye rounds.
Reckon sideways trading in RealDT is a big no-no, even during the byes. Would much rather upgrade a rookie or bench a premo and cop the donut. With two trades a week in Classic, there's less of a concern but would still rather not sideways a premo.

Ringo

You can always overcomplicate the byes - At the moment I do not care how many Round 8 premos I have so long as I can field 18 players in Round 18.  I plan not to trade in Round 8 but then use upgrades downgrades in Rounds 9 & 10.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on February 05, 2014, 02:39:27 PM
You can always overcomplicate the byes - At the moment I do not care how many Round 8 premos I have so long as I can field 18 players in Round 18.  I plan not to trade in Round 8 but then use upgrades downgrades in Rounds 9 & 10.

That's probably the best way to go about it.

Some by planning should be factored in though. I found in previous seasons that the bye rounds, while tricky to plan for, are also the best rounds for making up ground in the overall rankings.

T Dog

I am going with the theory that 8 weeks is a long time in fantasy footy and just getting the team I like for rd 1....could go badly of course.. :o

Football Factory

Quote from: mezzoculo on February 05, 2014, 10:02:43 AM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 03, 2014, 06:28:40 PM
Reckon sideways trading in RealDT is a big no-no, even during the byes. Would much rather upgrade a rookie or bench a premo and cop the donut. With two trades a week in Classic, there's less of a concern but would still rather not sideways a premo.
shower yeah, sorry getting mixed up with AFL Fantasy ... my apoligies. Best way to go imo in AFL Fantasy is sideways a couple of premos so you get a decent score each week of the byes.. each to their own, i know which way ill be going.