2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on February 26, 2014, 12:10:55 AM
Why was it such a surprise?

Sportal never opens to last week of Feb/First week of March

It's only ever DT/SC that generally open heaps early.

The difference being we thought it was being replaced by real dt

Ringo

Not a lot of aware what went on so I will advise the steps that I took as Administrator:

1. Sportal announced that they would be moving to the Dream Time platform

2. I sent three emails to Sportal asking whether they would be using the DT scoring system or maintaining their own existing system.  No replies were received and this was disappointing.

3. As we needed some certainty for British put out various options and then conducted a vote to decide on the system to be used.

4. Sportal then launched and it was discovered that they were still using same system so after vote we reverted to Sportal as that was the Basis of British scoring.

Realise it caused havoc but lack of information from Sportal was the primary cause.

SydneyRox

You did everything you  could Ringo to keep things moving, provide stability and give everyone in the league a vote in what was going on. There is no way anyone could have done a better job!

Too bad everyone voted for the Cheers to be removed as you would have deserved plenty lately!!

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 26, 2014, 11:54:04 AM
You did everything you  could Ringo to keep things moving, provide stability and give everyone in the league a vote in what was going on. There is no way anyone could have done a better job!

Too bad everyone voted for the Cheers to be removed as you would have deserved plenty lately!!
We actually rallied for the boos to be removed more than the cheers.

However, the whole system had to go and I reckon it's been for the better.