2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

OK Guys these are the three options that will be going out for vote and I will summarise here.  SC and Dt are not options imo if we are to have a unique competition.

Apologise for being absent in the last hour or so but also working on simplifying spreadsheet option.

These are the final options that we will be voting on as detailed below:

Option 1. Continue with existing Sportal scoring system using downloads and spreadsheets to calculate scores based on the scoring system. Adopting this option will mean patience on all coaches part as data is collected and dowloaded and then scores calculated. Scoring update bonus will no longer apply and trading period will finish 2 days after voting has closed if this is option is winner.

Option 2. Use the customised Ultimate Sports scoring system. This scoring system does not allow for Contested Possessions, Uncontested Possessions or Clangers which are one of the reasons we really like Sportal. If this gets up with vote we will have a further 1 week trade period with movement revisions 3 extra movements for the period over and above any existing movements left.

Option 3. We use both the SC scores and AF/DT Scores take the average of the 2 as the players score. Still maintains the uniqueness of our comp as we are taking both Fantasy Competitions into consideration and taking an average.  Not overly difficult to administer compared to maintaining Sportal. Should this option get up in the vote there will be a further trade period of week with movement revisions 3 extra movements for the period over and above any existing movements left.

Competition will still be BXV's and this decision will now be final and I will abide it even if 1 gets up with the work involved which I am happy to do.

JBs-Hawks

kilbluff1985

yeah Ringo your preferred option? option 1 is the best but i think it's up to you

specky92

I think option 1 is ideal, but would require a lot of work on ringo's behalf, I'd love option 1 but I feel like it would be fairly stressful every week for ringo and I'd rather a different option with ringo as admin than the sportal option with a different admin every month because the job is too much, having said that I really don't know exactly how much work would go into option 1

Ringo

OK Guys Option 1 will only be an issue if I am away from the computer as I have found it may be easier to download the stats after each game. Should be able to have results up by Monday afternoon each week.

Will mean however I may not be able to do my match write ups.

If we go down Option one there will be no rolling lockouts due to work involved and all teams will be required to be locked at bounce of first game of the round.

Nige

kilbluff1985

that sounds ok mate

and if we have to wait another day for results then no stress

what about bonus points if coaches do there own match previews?

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 11, 2014, 09:14:01 PM
that sounds ok mate

Bonus points for previews/reviews is almost like Oss' membership points idea in WXVs which I thought was pretty lame.

Vinny

I'm not a fan of that to be honest KB, some of us don't have time for them.

specky92

I like option 1 then but if it gets to a point where it's too difficult we might need a back up plan?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on February 11, 2014, 09:15:22 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 11, 2014, 09:14:01 PM
that sounds ok mate

Bonus points for previews/reviews is almost like Oss' membership points idea in WXVs which I thought was pretty lame.

lol i spent ages winning the membership polls each week only to get the idea scrapped so annoyed

SydneyRox

if you are ok with the workload, i am for option 1.

no issues waiting a bit

elephants

Option 1 is definitely my preference I'd that's fine with you Ringo. And like kb said, its not big deal waiting a few days for results. Even if we have to wait the week its doesn't matter. Whether or not your team won the previous week shouldn't have any real bearing on the following weeks team selection.

Vinny

Nige

Quote from: elephants on February 11, 2014, 09:22:04 PM
Option 1 is definitely my preference I'd that's fine with you Ringo. And like kb said, its not big deal waiting a few days for results. Even if we have to wait the week its doesn't matter. Whether or not your team won the previous week shouldn't have any real bearing on the following weeks team selection.
Dunno, I like to be cut-throat at the selection table. Non-performers can be axed.  :o