2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

So if we still have ideas, what do we do about the vote?

Ringo

Would be dependent on 2 things how quickly AFL updates sites and as I said previously team lodgements would have to match names in AFL.

There is a bit of Manual work involved but not too much. Would prefer for coaches to check own as well as a double check on my formulae.

For any one who is an excel guru this is how I see it working.

1. We agree on the stats we want to measure (Will only allow a maximum of 11)
We have 9 atm so here is what we measure
Kick: 3 Points
Handball: 1 Point
Contested Possession: 4 Points - Any possession won in dispute (Contested mark, hardball get, loose all get, free kick for)
Uncontested Possession: 2 Points - Any possession gained from a team mate (uncontested mark, handball receive)
Tackle: 3 Points
Hitout: 1 Point
Clanger: -5 Points - Any blatant unforced error (free kick against, 50m penalty, dropped marks)
Goal: 6 Points
Behind: 1 Point

Not sure what clangers include in AFL stats but think we can add these 2 to get to 11
Free Kicks For
Free Kicks against
and suggesting 2 and - 2 but open to suggestions

2. Each week use Advanced Stats to customize the 11 stats

3. Cut and paste into a spreadsheet  Use Texts to Columns function to separate the number from the player. Necessary to enable lookups to work.

4. Sort the data by player in Ascending alphabetical order - (One of the look ups must be in an ordered state)

5. Use the team Lodgement sheets to look up the 11 stats, create formulae in adjacent cells to calculate score and then total the 11 to get each players score.

6. Total to get Team Total.

If any one has got easier suggestion let me know. (Maybe able to create the one formalu step with look up and calculation but will experiment.)

Keep the discussion coming. Have just experimented a little following JB's suggestion.

Justin Bieber

AFL use the changers as the same as Sportal did. They got their stats from the website

Ringo

But why do the list frees against separately is my concern as no other clanger stats are.  We can just delete those last 2 if all are comfortable.

LF

Quote from: Ringo on February 10, 2014, 04:51:21 PM
But why do the list frees against separately is my concern as no other clanger stats are.  We can just delete those last 2 if all are comfortable.

Ringo Footywire has clangers stats and many other stats but not sure when they update it after the games.

SydneyRox

Would be an educated guess that the frees against is taken out of the overall clangers result? As the balance are all possession related.

elephants

Ringo

Thanks for the advice so would be safe to leave them in.

By customising the advanced stats as I said can be down.  Only issue that i have is there are 10 pages for players so would be 10 cut and pastes to get the full data.

Football Factory

Ringo

For those that have not caught up voting is suspended as Stadium Sports will not have a competition up for Round 1.

Just working on another alternative as you can see from the posts above and will post out a new vote in the next day or 2.

Justin Bieber

Vinny

Ringo

Will do some more fiddling tomorrow when my head is a bit more clearer,  This is only based on a few trials today so may be able to look a little deeper.

Football Factory