2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

wooooo, go me. #wasplanned

I've been reading all this talk regarding the scoring system but that was my first post in this topic lol.

Ringo

Was advised of this KB but if this vote gets up and if we have to pay for scoring I will be removing the Score update bonus as not everyone will want to pay which is fair.

Wait till we see wait we have to pay for first.

LF

For your info Ringo

So I wrote this to Stadium Sport

Good luck with that i know of several people including myself that played last year that will not be back and several that were going to join that will not now you want to charge people to play AF has match day games I`ll stick to that completely free version

This was their reply
we totally understand it will not be for everyone so that is fine. It is a betting platform not paid to play (which is different). So if 500 people play at $10 to enter, there is $5,000 on that match to win. But we do understand it will not be for everyone

So it looks like they are going to charge money per match not pay upfront and play as many match day games as you want.
Have written back to them asking if this is the case.

SydneyRox

Does that mean that only the match day games you choose to take part in are pay to play?

Cant wait until they open properly and we can clarify everything!!

LF

Conversation with them conitues

Me:So that means you charging per match day game not a straight up fee to play all season then? If so that`s a real rip off

Stadium Sport:No dissimilar to tatts style product or betting product. You pay to bet and win.

Me: So its basically turned into a betting site now not really a fantasy comp anymore then.

LF

Latest reply indicates comp will not be up and running for start of the season

Yes that is correct. Becoming popular in the US with FanDuel, Draft Kings etc on the major US comps. No we wont be up for NAB and most likely starting during the AFL season. But when it is up, we have EPL developed as well.

Ringo

Thanks to LF for keeping up to date as well.  We are both trying to ascertain if they will have a competition available from Round 1 for us If they do not it will be back to the drawing board with further frustrations for me.

SydneyRox

A random question, but are we able to enlist Monty on the acquisition of data?

is it within his legal ability to give us the raw data we need?

LF

Latest reply from them

No we wont be ready for Rd 1. But we do have a MatchDay, Weekly and a new Daily format.

Ringo

So guys we will have to go back to the drawing board, Too good to be true but we can not start a competition after season has started,  Teir reply is still a little ambiguous but can not afford to wait longer.

Please continue to discuss options here and Will send out another vote. Would really like to try and keep a unique competition but may not be possible with ultimate sports the only alternative. May investigate if Ulimate Gold gives any more options.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ringo on February 10, 2014, 03:53:56 PM

May investigate if Ulimate Gold gives any more options.

Response to the email they sent me when I quizzed them about the extra stats we want to measure.

"Unfortunately we don't have access to these stats due to AFL restrictions. However it's something we might be able to add next season. If you're able to source the stats yourselves then one solution might be to upgrade to a PLUS league and use the Edit Match Results tool each week. This lets you adjust team totals so you can add in the points missing from contested possessions and clangers."

Means if you are happy to do it and can easily access the information it is possible to run it the same via Ultimate

JBs-Hawks

Would it not be possible to set up a speadsheet that we could just copy paste straight into from http://www.afl.com.au/stats

And then using the lookup stuff it would calculate Sportal scores?

Because with those stats you can get every single player for the round and every stat imaginable just need to copy paste if you know how to set the spreadsheet up?

elephants

I am still 100% for the sportal calculator ^ will try help out if needed.

SydneyRox

Setting up a spreadsheet to calculate everything would be easy.
But it really is a manual process taking the data from that stats page and inputting.
If we could get this data in a friendly form (from someone like Monty) then this removes the manual lookup required.