2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just bear in mind that competition is head to head and as Badgers found out last year you can finish top on points and averages but still only finish 4th.

Vinny

This link shows you all the averages, just search the names of each of your best XV players and then add em up. :)

https://stadiumsport.com/stats

SydneyRox

i am all for stadium, but the whole cost thing might be too much, since i will already have dt and scgold?

Ringo

If there is a cost we may have to review but I am happy to pay to get all data as i played Match Day last year and may do so again this year. They may have something like SC where the basic is free but you have to pay for add ons. or that is what I am hoping.

Will probably send out a vote tomorrow as this has been a very profitable discussion thanks to all.

Vinny

I might be off but from a 2min calculation, I've got the Badgers at 1616 :o

Torpedo10

Vinny

Ringo

Just a reminder you can not just look at overall averages either as you need to look at head to head>

I have looked at the Badgers and who I consider to be their Top 10 have a Total of 1216 so suspect the other 5 will add another 4/500 so expect 1650 say so not too bad.  This is the problem when you take averages as most teams will come out between 1650 and 1700.

To show what I mean in Badgers:
Minson Average 128 Last game 146 last 5 game average 143.9 last 3 146.8
So just pointing out there is a vast difference between average and actuals over the last games which assists in head to head and also in overall scores.
Dal Santo is similar if you look at stats.

So it goes back to how you team performs each week in head to head,

Nige

I don't think people are doing this so much as to rank themselves in the comp as much as they are seeing how they could perform with the likely scoring system (Stadium).

Or I could just be completely wrong...

Ringo

Apologize if I am reading the thread wrong but just going by the comment on the Badgers. As I said most teams will average between 1650 and 1700 from my quick calculations.

CrowsFan

Thought I would pop in again. If you think the majority of teams will average between 1650 and 1700 can I transfer my Pumas team to the comp? It would average 1875 ;)

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 08, 2014, 09:22:14 PM
Thought I would pop in again. If you think the majority of teams will average between 1650 and 1700 can I transfer my Pumas team to the comp? It would average 1875 ;)
You can leave now.  :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on February 08, 2014, 09:23:18 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on February 08, 2014, 09:22:14 PM
You can leave now.  :P

adios amigo

specky92

Badgers! The team on everyone's lips,  ;)

McKenzie (117), Hanley (115), Mackie (114), Waters (108)

Griffen (144), Barlow (132), Cotchin (126), Dal Santo (117)

Minson (128)

Mayne (118), Darling (100), White (97), Lynch (95)

Prestia (116), Judd (112)

Average: 1739

Average with Griffen as captain: 1883

sit down HB, 8)  ;)

Ringo

Thanks Specky was going to say my projections were based on a look at the top 5 from each team and made some incorrect assumptions based on next 10 but still think most teams will be close.