2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 07, 2014, 09:59:15 PM
Just jumping in here. If you do SC then it almost become an exact replica of Worlds considering both comps also have 18 teams in them. Just some food for thought ;)

yeah we know lol  :o we don't have many options

Master Q

SydneyRox

real dt then i guess.... at least it remains unique...

JBs-Hawks

Real dt is same scoring as afl fantasy and euros?

I think we should try neither a an excel lookup thing or stadium sports

Ringo

Can we really have some comments on whether to use Stadium Sports over Real DT.

As JB rightly points out Real DT scoring is exactly the same as AFL which is used by Euros.

Also if any one used Stadium Sports last year can they advise if after match scores are available for all players as I will require this if we go down this track.

The Stadium Sports scoring is listed on the front page for information and whilst it has a lot of similarities to Sportal there are a couple of categories that assist certain types of players that may not have been taken into consideration.  My concern being 10 points per goal and the 20 points for goal outside 50. Also 5 points for goal assists.  So you see the long kickers of the game who can kick goals from outside 50 Rich and Hanley from Brisbane are 2 become more valuable players in this comp. This advantage however may be outweighed by the penalty points involved as well.

Anyway lets have some open discussion on Stadium Sports v Real DT and I will put out a vote next week to make final decision.

Importing CD data into an excel spreadsheet does not look like being possible and entering data manually will be time consuming so proabaly will not go down this path at this time.

JBs-Hawks

Instead of entering data from CD could you do it from the Afl website?

Ringo

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 08, 2014, 09:53:43 AM
Instead of entering data from CD could you do it from the Afl website?
Thanks JB but still a lot of Manual work but doable.  Just had a look at last years grand final and will have to use Advanced Stats and it has taken 15 minutes to enter all manually.  It has all the stats we require to run Sportal. It is not a simple cut and paste unfortunately as you get data that corrupts look up tables but will do some work on it as I may be able to use delineators to change it into format that works rather than enter each category manually.  Also will investigate whether I can do a macro to run each week but really do not trust a complicated macro,

Main problem and have to get it right from start is that I must have to columns identical for it too work, Will rely on teams being lodged in a specific format each week eg Jordan Lewis not Lewis Jordan or Jordie Lewis for example. (Can be fixed though but would make job easier).

Keep the discussion coming.

SydneyRox

I am very open to whatever system we use and am conscious of not trying to overload Ringo with extra work related to maintaing stats etc. So if that decision comes to stadium sports ok.

I am also open to some other tweaking of the scoring and using ultimate footy as a platform?

ossie85

I'd say Stadium Sports - unique, and sure it will benefit some more than others, but that's just luck.

Football Factory

What do you think the chances are of m0nty helping us out here and adding a Sportal scoring system to the list ?

Im assuming he has formulas to work out the scores.

Below he has scores for lots of different comps.

Ringo

Will not help us FF as Sportal will be using Real DT stats which will be the same as DT as scoring is the same. m0nty takes the score straight from the source, 

Personally I am leaning towards Stadium Sports but do not want to influence the decision one way or the other but just giving you my thoughts on it.  Will maintain a unique scoring system as well with out the complications of trying to do Sportals previous scoring system via excel spreadsheets, lookups and macros. But as I said will work with what the majority decide.

Football Factory

Quote from: Ringo on February 08, 2014, 11:49:01 AM
Will not help us FF as Sportal will be using Real DT stats which will be the same as DT as scoring is the same. m0nty takes the score straight from the source, 

Personally I am leaning towards Stadium Sports but do not want to influence the decision one way or the other but just giving you my thoughts on it.  Will maintain a unique scoring system as well with out the complications of trying to do Sportals previous scoring system via excel spreadsheets, lookups and macros. But as I said will work with what the majority decide.

Okay i didn't think he took the score straight from the source  :(

Thought maybe he had a formula for each scoring system that calculated their scores through the stats at championship data.

Football Factory

Im leaning towards Stadium Sports.

Football Factory

Nige

Yeah, Stadium looks the go now.

If we pick SC, we're WXVs 2.0
If we pick AF/DT, we're EXVs 2.0

Stadium scoring isn't used and it's certainly a bit different.