2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 02, 2014, 07:23:36 PM
Regarding SC scoring to avoid scailing what if we took a screenshot of the scores as soon as they are on the score page which I think are pre scaled right?
Could work if you're on all weekend

Vinny

Quote from: whatlez on February 02, 2014, 07:40:28 PM
Regarding SC scoring to avoid scailing what if we took a screenshot of the scores as soon as they are on the score page which I think are pre scaled right?
Yeah bit hard if you check the scores late on Sunday night.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on February 02, 2014, 07:48:20 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 02, 2014, 07:40:28 PM
Yeah bit hard if you check the scores late on Sunday night.

I meant the ones that or on FF live scores as soon as the games finished

I'm sure one of us would be on after every game

Ringo

Thought of this KB but would really require diligence to do for each game.  Some games are upscaled quickly whereas others are sacled more slowly.  Again this is manual and can be open to error. Do not want to dismiss the idea completely but a possibility if we can get commitment for immediate screen shots.

Ringo

Have added Stadium sports to the first post for comparisons as well. This system mids will still outscore other players but half backs with good disposal will also score well.

Still awaiting some response from Sportal as well so continue discussing merits in here. Enjoyed reading the discussion.

Nige

Not against using Stadium.

I mean, it is different and isn't being used by another XVs comp.

SydneyRox

We may not need. Before I read your post Ringo regarding emails, I figured that was the smart way to go. The response i got

"The new Sportal AFL Fantasy game for 2014 will be launching soon. Please keep an eye out on the website for it and we'll also send an email to our past layers to inform them when it launches."

Ringo

Just received the same response so we wait

"The new Sportal AFL Fantasy game for 2014 will be launching soon. Please keep an eye out on the website for it and we'll also send an email to our past payers to inform them when it launches"

So I will be checking website daily and then keeping you informed.

Football Factory

elephants

Great, hopefully they run Sportal. I really don't see a solution that won't skew the competition to be brutally honest so really hope Sportal gets up again!

Ringo

Looks like Sportal will be following Real DT as I received an email inviting me to join their comp and when I went in took me straight to Real DT.

So please give opinions here as to whether you want to run Real DT this year for British.  One benefit is there are no other teams using real DT so we would be still unique and would make admin a little easier

kilbluff1985

me sad :'(

i guess real dt makes sense

Nige

As previously stated, I'm not fussed.

kilbluff1985

i like SC better but because no other comp is doing real dt i think we should do that maybe

CrowsFan

Just jumping in here. If you do SC then it almost become an exact replica of Worlds considering both comps also have 18 teams in them. Just some food for thought ;)