2014 British Scoring System

Started by Ringo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Thought I would start a new thread for discussion on what should happen if Sportal do not run a competition this year.

Despite 3 emails have not heard anything from Sportal and their Fantasy tab on website takes you to the 2013 Fantasy Page so has not been updated for 2014.

Here is the scoring system Sportal.
Kick: 3 Points
Handball: 1 Point
Contested Possession: 4 Points - Any possession won in dispute (Contested mark, hardball get, loose all get, free kick for)
Uncontested Possession: 2 Points - Any possession gained from a team mate (uncontested mark, handball receive)
Tackle: 3 Points
Hitout: 1 Point
Clanger: -5 Points - Any blatant unforced error (free kick against, 50m penalty, dropped marks)
Goal: 6 Points
Behind: 1 Point
This is for comparison purposes with other systems. To date I have had no joy in getting information to download data from CD.  They guard it pretty well and only release to appropriate parties.

Options as I see them:
1. Retain current system and do a lot of manual work - extract the live stats after each game and put into a spread sheet to calculate the scores as above. Would not be too bad if we could get the data download but still requires a lot of work.

2. Real Dream Team Scoring (AFL is exactly the same)
Kick    3 Points
Handball 2 Points
Mark    3 Points
Tackle    4 Points
Free Kick For    1 Point
Free Kick Against    -3 Points
Hitout    1 Point
Goal    6 Points
Behind    1 Point
Probably the closest we can get to Sportal.

3. Supercoach
Effective kick    4 Points
Ineffective kick    0 Points
Clanger kick    -4 Points
Effective Handball    1.5 Points
Ineffective handball    0 Points
Handball clanger    -4 Points
Handball receive    1.5 Point
Hardball get
   4.5 Points
Loose-ball get    4.5 Points
Goal    8 Points
Behind    1 Point
Mark uncontested (maintaining possession)    2 Points
Mark contested (maintaining possession)    6 Points
Mark uncontested (from opposition)    4 Points
Mark contested (from opposition)    8 Points
Tackles    4 Points
Free kick for    4 Points
Free kick against    -4 Points
Hitout to Advantage    3 Points
This would be great if we could get access to the data and not have the scaling to 3300 points.

4. Ultimate Sports
We can customise a comp to suit our XV's but calculations are limited and personally not in favour.

5. Stadium Sports
Effective    6
Ineffective Kick    -1
Clanger Kick    -8
Effective Handball    2
Ineffective Handball    -1
Handball Clanger    -4
Handball receive    1
Hardball Get    5.5
Loose-Ball get    1
Goal    10
Behind    1
Mark uncontested (maintaining possession)    1
Mark contested (maintaining possession)    8
Mark uncontested (from opposition)    10
Mark contested (from opposition)    20
Tackles    3.5
Free kick for    2
Free kick against    -4
Hitout to advantage    4
Outside 50 Goal    20
Running bounce    2
Shephard    2
Smother    5
Goal Assist    5
Marks inside 50    3

Found this one that has not been used any where in the xv's. A couple of categories benefits certain types of players eg 10 points per goal, 20 points for goal outside 50 metres and 20 points for a contested mark from opposition.

Have not considered Sportsbet due to the big anomoly in points for goals 12 which would skew our comp and the fact Asians use it..

Please feel free to offer suggestions, pros and cons, other alternatives. If Sportal have not advised anything by end of next week we will have to make a decision which way to go.

Remember this is your competition not mine so I really want all possibilities explored before making a decision.

Torpedo10

I like SC, but that's only because it would favour my team massively.

Vinny

I am not too keen on changing but if it needs to be done, probably Real DT. Think it's the fairest.

But hopefully Sportal isn't done :-\

Justin Bieber

SC would seem like it would help ye ol Badgers out the most.

kilbluff1985

"scaling to 3300 points." is what bothers me about SC

Football Factory

All the people not in favour of Supercoach scoring can you please come up with a suggestion as what you think is the best way to go.

If we go with Real DT, all the spud players(key forwards/Backs) that were okay in Supercoach/Sportal are no longer relevant.

Nige

If I had to pick an option other than Sportal, it'd be Supecoach.

nrich102

Why do we think that there won't be any sportal next year?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 02, 2014, 10:13:53 AM
All the people not in favour of Supercoach scoring can you please come up with a suggestion as what you think is the best way to go.

If we go with Real DT, all the spud players(key forwards/Backs) that were okay in Supercoach/Sportal are no longer relevant.

Key forwards and backs are useless in sportal?

Football Factory

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 02, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 02, 2014, 10:13:53 AM

Key forwards and backs are useless in sportal?

In Dreamteam they are ..well most are. That's why im not in favour of having dreamteam scoring. Is that not what i wrote ?

JBs-Hawks

Im saying they are usless in sportal just like dt? Forwards/Defenders/Rucks in sportal score similar to DT amd mids score similar to SC

Football Factory

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 02, 2014, 03:42:37 PM
Im saying they are usless in sportal just like dt? Forwards/Defenders/Rucks in sportal score similar to DT amd mids score similar to SC
To be honest i haven't really looked into it and cant be bothered trying to justify it either, thought they scored a bit better in Sportal than DT.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 02, 2014, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 02, 2014, 03:42:37 PM
To be honest i haven't really looked into it and cant be bothered trying to justify it either, thought they scored a bit better in Sportal than DT.
No. They don't score better in sportal to DT

Football Factory

Let's quickly have a re-draft , that will fix it    ;D

kilbluff1985

Regarding SC scoring to avoid scailing what if we took a screenshot of the scores as soon as they are on the score page which I think are pre scaled right?