EXV: 2014 Rookie Listings and Final List Lodgements

Started by Spinking, January 28, 2014, 06:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

There's a difference between 20 minutes, when we've had a leeway precedent beforehand that basically allows list finalisations until the next morning and 12 hours later. That being said, I would have argued for allowing you to delist and redraft at that stage since it really wouldn't have made much of a difference.

That being said, I'm a bit up in the air about letting you delist and redraft now- it's been a whole month, and frankly that could give you an edge. At this point, with the pre-season cup being played, many clubs having intraclub matches etc. the information you have on unselected players is significantly better than the information anyone else had late draft when your pick would have been.

You brought it up twice, once when you you first noticed, then a  couple of days later... and now you're pushing really hard for it. It just looks dodgy to me- if you'd been pushing for it the whole time, or even mentioned it another handful of times, then I might think differently, but with the start of NAB and intraclub matches, I think letting you pick now would be an unfair advantage.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, and I wish you'd gotten an answer sooner and been able to delist and take a pick, but at this stage I don't think it's fair to the rest of the competition.

Nails

Do you think I actually even care about intra clubs? I don't even know if Brisbane have even played an intra club.

I don't pay attention to anything until like NAB cup on tv matches are being played lol.

If I were to have had a pick I would have picked from: Banfield/Bourke(Geel)/M. Watson (future of Carlton backline), Leslie (need more rucks), Harmes (probably who I would have selected, gun to be i haven't read anything about him) or A. Everitt

I'm only bringing it up again now as it's the only time list lodgements have come up since.

Ziplock

Look, I personally believe the extra month gives you an advantage, whether conscious or subconsciously, but I'm happy to abide by whatever ruling holz/ spinking make.

Holz

I know it sucks nails but Ita going to stay, just put him on the rookie list. You don't gave to delist unlisted players, if you think they will play.

Nails

Quote from: Ziplock on February 13, 2014, 03:13:39 AM
Look, I personally believe the extra month gives you an advantage, whether conscious or subconsciously, but I'm happy to abide by whatever ruling holz/ spinking make.

How can it give someone a boost who hasn't even visited the AFL website or read the DT/AF/SC sections of fanfooty in the past month? lol

Nails

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Probs would have taken Everitt or Harmes annoying after Everitt looking good in his last game

You know Everitt isn't based on pre-season as I have him in a couple other XVs teams :(

elephants

Everitt is a spud :P And I'm saying that despite having him in a number of XV's ;)

LF

NorwegianTrolls Rookie List
J Ashby
N Joyce
S Grimley
D Pfeiffer
M Arnot

nostradamus

Rookie list for the Russian Roulettes

Toby Nankervis
Darcy Lang
Blake Acres
Trent Dumont
Daniel Menzel

CrowsFan

Rookie List for Belarus Bison

Angus Graham
Brant Colledge
Sean Lemmens
Jared Jansen
Alex Woodward

CrowsFan

So what happens to the teams who didn't submit their rookie list by the cutoff of yesterday?

As far as I can tell the teams that haven't done it are the English Lions, Dutch Dinos, Scotland's Savage Sons, Serbian Eagles and the Swedish Metal. Plus Greece has only submitted a list of 4 players.

I can understand the Lions and Sons not submitting since they are both banned at the moment, but it's not a good look when both  admin of the comp don't even bother.

I think make all the teams that haven't done it play for no points this season :P

Spinking

Fair enough to question it HB. Pretty poor on our behalf I admit.  :-[

Without wanting to make excuses Holz has been busy getting sorted for uni life, and I've been a lot busier than normal at work. Understand the frustration though.

I don't think we can reasonably make teams play for no points, but to get it sorted I will give those teams until 11.59pm Wednesday to have rookies submitted. Obviously teams that have already submitted lists can make changes until then.

I wasn't aware of the bans. Can someone let me know if these are permanent or short term. Is there a way these guys can be contacted in the interim?

Truly sorry to have let things slip folks. Have some great stuff planned for the season proper which will hopefully restore confidence!

Justin Bieber

Think he meant the no points thing as a joke Spinks :P.

2 week bans for them so doubt they'll be able to give it in by Wednesday. I can contact Whatlez though and ask him through Facebook though. I'll do the same for Hawka and Nails.... Not sure how to contact JB though so may have to wait unless he has an assistant :).

Spinking

Thanks HP. I'll send JBs a message on FTP to get his too.

Titans also delisting Rookie Listing J ORourke (GWS)

Justin Bieber

Ah right, forgot he played FTP!

Do you mean Rookie listing or taking off your list (which I think isn't possible now)?