WXV Vacant Coaching Position - Mexico City Suns

Started by ossie85, January 28, 2014, 12:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on January 28, 2014, 04:00:45 PM
Quote from: Master Q on January 28, 2014, 03:51:07 PM
lol

Hope that was referring to FisherSaints application Q - harsh if so.

It could be because he named Bartel and Lewis in the wrong positions.

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on January 28, 2014, 05:45:38 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on January 28, 2014, 04:00:45 PM
Quote from: Master Q on January 28, 2014, 03:51:07 PM
lol

Hope that was referring to FisherSaints application Q - harsh if so.

It could be because he named Bartel and Lewis in the wrong positions.
I did notice that, but didn't want to be the one to point it out.

BB67th

I'd like to apply for the head coaching position.

Before I begin, I'd just like to say that in the past I relinquished a XV role so that a new coach could come along and join in the XVs community. As there does not appear to be any coaches waiting that are not currently involved, I feel that it would be alright to apply. Also, I have always wanted to get into the Worlds competition, and I have applied at every chance I have gotten.

Best XV:

DEF: Jimmy Bartel / Luke Hodge / Jed Adcock / Shannon Hurn
MID: Brendon Goddard / Steele Sidebottom / Brad Ebert / Scott Thompson
RUC: Ivan Maric
FWD: Nick Riewoldt / Jarrad Waite / Adam Goodes / Stewart Crameri
UTI: Jordan Lewis / Aaron Sandilands
EMG: Corey Enright / Brent Moloney / Chris Yarran

Team management:

As for areas of improvement, I feel the one thing that this team is screaming out for is a bit of forward depth. It is worryingly thin  when there are only 6 or 7 forwards who are genuine best 22 starters, and injury prone players like Waite and Yarran are included in that list.

I feel there is a good spread of premium scorers that there will always be a suitable captaincy option. The ruck depth is amazing, and I would definitely look to trade some of this off for another forward. Same with the mid depth, but I don't feel those players hold quite as much currency as the young guns in the ruck.

My XV Experience:

WXV - I have been assistant coach to Ringo at the London Royals since mid 2012 and have enjoyed my time there as we go through a rebuilding faze

BXV - Originial coach of the Leeds Leeches, before handing head coaching duties over to jhello and staying on as a consultative assistant coach

AXV - Original and current coach of the Manila Folders who were AXV runner-up last season and are poised for another shot at the premiership this year. My B&F count and stats sheet (which FanFooty won't let me attach) were both quite popular at the end of the season too. Recently I have also taken on a role as co-admin of the AXV alongside Colliwobblers, and this is a role that I am enjoying. Here is a link to my club thread. http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,66602.0.html

I am also head coach of the Munich Eagles in Terran X, and I have an assistant coaches role with FS in Americas XVIII.

As I stated above, I have always wanted to get a head coaching role in the WXV, as SuperCoach is my favourite scoring system, and I do really like the XV format of running things. And wow, wouldn't this be a great team to inherit!

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, good luck to the other applicants, and I hope that everyone is doing well in general. :)

Vinny

I was going to apply but since JRoo is assistant of the team already, I reckon it's right that he gets the coaching role. Macca probably would have liked that aswell seeing as he recruited JRoo as an assistant in the first place.

Jroo

Quote from: vinny on January 28, 2014, 08:06:46 PM
I was going to apply but since JRoo is assistant of the team already, I reckon it's right that he gets the coaching role. Macca probably would have liked that aswell seeing as he recruited JRoo as an assistant in the first place.
Cheers vinny  :)

nrich102

Ill put my name down for coach.

Ive had expirience with xvs teams for the last year or so, Co Coaching with ringo at the Swansea Breakers (bxv), assisting at the folders (axv) and the 'dillos (wxv) and I have recently been assisting at the Titans in Euros.  I also am a coach in DT 18s, SC 18s and TX. 2014 will be my 4th year of fantasy sport.

The Team
DEF: Bartel, Hodge, Hurn, Adcock
MID: Goddard, Sidebottom, Ebert, Thompson
RUC: Maric
FWD: Riewoldt, Crameri, Goodes, Waite
INT: Sandilands, Lewis

EMG: Enright, Moloney, Yarran

If I get the go ahead to coach the Suns, I will try and recruit another couple of forwards, as there are only 9 of them, with only 6 or so in their best 22. Some weeks we may only have 4 or 5 forwards playing, with Waite and Yarran being so injury prone. I think the rest of the team is well balanced, with some older players and some younger players.

If youve been bothered to read this, I hope I didnt put you to sleep, thank you for reading it. I am happy to co coach with someone, if they feel like they dont have the time to fully commit to xvs, but still want to coach a team.

Toga

FisherSaints didn't last long, looks like he's just deleted his account :o :-X

Good luck to all applicants ;)

Vinny

Quote from: Toga on January 28, 2014, 10:18:05 PM
FisherSaints didn't last long, looks like he's just deleted his account :o :-X

Good luck to all applicants ;)

Wow wasn't he fairly active haha? Wonder what happened there!  :o

kilbluff1985

Justin Bieber

ossie85

Quote from: whatlez on January 28, 2014, 11:59:40 PM
Probably cause of the Master Q judgement

A possibility, but we can't be sure. Which is why all criticisms should be constructive

Nige

BB67th

So I've spoken to FS today about deactivating his account.

Something has come up in the last couple of days for him and he feels that his priorities need to change a bit. Nothing to worry about health wise, but he just feels it is time for a change so he has deactivated his account.

Obviously he has pulled out of the running for the Suns coaching role.

Justin Bieber

But he said that he's quit sport so he's got time now??

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on January 29, 2014, 11:37:37 PM
But he said that he's quit sport so he's got time now??
A bit of a personal issue has come up that he would rather not discuss in public. He just needs to take a break from FanFooty for a while.