WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on June 23, 2015, 04:15:22 PM
Quote from: meow meow on June 23, 2015, 04:07:32 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 23, 2015, 02:06:35 PM
Just need Sandi to hurry up and retire

Got at least 10 years left. Has no pace to lose, isn't going to shrink. Injuries are a thing of the past. And to think I only had to give up a spud like Rocky to get this gun!

would you rather Boak + Gunston or Gibbs + Sandi?

Oh yep because that was the exact trade wasn't it? In case you haven't noticed, Wilbur has been missing most of the year and I'd be screwed without a ruck, so my team is better off for having done the trade.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ricochet on June 23, 2015, 03:02:08 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 23, 2015, 02:58:22 PM
For 2), Yeah, that can be an issue. I wonder if we should use the 'max' score of the last two years. I.e. that would mean Rockliff's 2014 score would count instead of the 2015 score.
Maybe a % of the max score. The team has already suffered by not having that player for most the year, so if he still counts for 100% of his points it may be a little unfair.

How about we just have a similar injury discount that the fantasy games do?

So take the players previous season average and discount it depending on how many games they missed.

I think for SC/AFL Fantasy is is a maximum of 40% injury discount if the player missed the whole season and then in a decreasing scale up until 10 games (or is it 7?).

So if you play 1 game you get a 36% discount, 2 games a 32% discount, 3 games a 28% discount and so on down to if you played 10 games you get 0% discount (and use the 2015 avg not the 2014 one).

Thinking on my feet here but, maybe, just maybe we could do similar for non-injured players and make it so any player who's played under 10 games for the season gets a discount to their salary?

That way the teams with the good youngsters could hold on to them longer and not have to worry about going over their cap the first season or two that these kids got a game because they wouldn't count as much?

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on June 23, 2015, 04:22:17 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 23, 2015, 04:15:22 PM
Quote from: meow meow on June 23, 2015, 04:07:32 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 23, 2015, 02:06:35 PM
Just need Sandi to hurry up and retire

Got at least 10 years left. Has no pace to lose, isn't going to shrink. Injuries are a thing of the past. And to think I only had to give up a spud like Rocky to get this gun!

would you rather Boak + Gunston or Gibbs + Sandi?

Oh yep because that was the exact trade wasn't it? In case you haven't noticed, Wilbur has been missing most of the year and I'd be screwed without a ruck, so my team is better off for having done the trade.

its not a year game though

AaronKirk

I agree with the points Ringo made and like the idea of Memph in relation to discounts in points for injured players being the same rates as SC.

Just to make it clear though Libba isn't gong to be traded  ;) Perma captain in 2016.

meow meow

Trade Review (Part 1)

There's still a large chunk of the season remaining but it could be interesting to look at how our trades are shaping up at this point. Not much else to do over the bye.

New Delhi give: N66
Christchurch give: Jack Hannath

The definition of meh

Dildos trade: Pick 90
Christchurch trade: Dennis Armfield

See above

Christchurch trade: Jay Kennedy-Harris
Berlin trade: Clay Cameron

Same again

Christchurch trade: pick 92
New York trade: Shaun McKernan

And again

Cairo give: Sam Mitchell and Pick 33
Christchurch give: Nick Smith and Travis Colyer

Mitchell averaged 91 last year, back up to 108 this year and has signed on for another season. Colyer and Smith have improved but Colyer's season is over. The pick was used in a later trade. Very happy with this one.

Christchurch trade: Mitch Golby
Berlin trade: Jeff Garlett

Golby 5 games @49 vs Jeff 12 @72. Would call it a win at this point and I'm glad I could procure the services of Jeffy before he had some Demon stink on him. If only he could kick straight.

Cairo trade: Pick 85
Christchurch trade: Tom Downie

Cairo trade: Tory Dickson
Christchurch trade: pick 85

Tom Downie n/a vs Dickson 11 @81. No Dickson, No Cairo. No lube.

New York trade: Pick 30
Christchurch trade: Luke Lowden

Rio Give: Nat 24 + Nat 25
Christchurch Give: H.McIntosh +Nat 30 + Nat 41

Ditched a couple of nothing rucks to turn pick 41 into 24 and 25. Like it.

Christchurch trade: Taylor Adams, Dale Morris and pick 7
Dildos trade: Matthew Boyd, picks 8 and 26

Wanted Steele and knew he'd be there at 8 so losing one spot meant nothing. Adams has been very good (9 @88) and Boyd has been great (9 @104) and will most likely play on as a defender next year. Pick 26 was packaged with pick 33 (Mitchell deal) for 19 (Neal-Bullen) and 41 (used in ruck deal above).

Pacific trade: Jamie Elliot and pick 27
Christchurch trade: Devon Smith

Christchurch give: Pick 27
Beijing give: Clay Smith

D.Smith (12 @89) vs Elliott (11 @82) is a loss but may have been worth it if Clay didn't do his 3rd ACL. 'jing winners here, Pacific would be pretty happy too. I still think Elliott can match Smith by the end of the year.

Tokyo trade: Luke Shuey and Ben Reid
Christchurch trade: Chris Yarran and Shuan Burgoyne

Yarran (7 @72) + Burgoyne (11 @86) vs Shuey (12 @95) and Reid (n/a...yet!)

Doesn't look too bad and if I had kept the defenders whatever I gained there would have been lost by having to play a 70 averaging mid anyway. Happy to have Shuey for the long term and hopefully Reid can come back and match Yarran who has been disappointing. Would do it again.

Mexico City give: Nathan Hrovat, Sam Gilbert, Tom Curren + Pick 18
Mexico City receive: Brad Ebert, Zak Jones, Taylor Hunt + Picks 46, 86

Christchurch give: Lachie Whitfield, Zak Jones + Pick 36
Christchurch receive: Nathan Hrovat, Sam Gilbert + Pick 22

Seoul give: Brad Ebert, Taylor Hunt + Picks 22, 46, 86
Seoul receive: Lachie Whitfield, Eli Templeton + Picks 18, 36

New Delhi give: Eli Templeton
New Delhi receive: Tom Curren

I'll only comment on my part of this trade. 22 (Langford) for Jones I would take every day. Gilbert for 36 remains to be seen. Whitfield for Hrovat was a mistake despite Hrovat gaining forward status as hoped for. LW has been good without being outstanding though (11 @84) so it doesn't hurt as bad as it could have. Bad trade on my part.

meow meow

Tory Dickson is the only player that I've coached at both clubs.

Toga

Nice m2! Will have to do one for us at some point as well.

Was a bit unsure about our Clay Smith for pick trade as Clay could be a gun when fit but it has turned out well for us. Just a shame that we win on this one purely because Clay has done his knee again!

Nige

The Colyer/N.Smith trade hasn't been a bad one for us, I'm kinda glad we did it (though having Smitchell scoring well every week would be nice considering we're struggling to field 4 mids).

The Dickson trade was a shocker, we could probably use him or could have at some points this year. Downie's semi-important since we've 3/4 of the GWS ruck stocks.

DazBurg

i don't mind the injury discount idea

though i do not like the discount for playing less then 10 games
(unless injured ofc i mean)....if they purely playing less due to no being ready you still should not get a discount otherwise you could stockpile a fair few and hope they all start firing (i.e youth hoarding instead fo trying to improve)

Purple 77

Good read meow!

Fairly happy with my JKH trade, but yeah you definitely have come out better with Jeffy.

However, I don't mind too much as Jeffy would not have played a game for me this year, whereas Golby has, so I would do it again.

Levi434

I saw a few posts about perhaps having a champions league. I have enough time to run a tournament style comp. If there is enough interest we can get it underway!

Was going to run it basically the same as a FIFA World Cup. Total of 32 teams with the top 8 teams from each of the 4 XV comps getting in. Will be run from AFL Rounds 16 through til 22. Once we have the 32 teams we can randomise them and arrange them into groups.

Group Rounds
AFL Round 16
AFL Round 17
AFL Round 18

Round of 16
AFL Round 19

Quater Finals
AFL Round 20

Semi-Finals
AFL Round 21

Grand Final
AFL Round 22

Group A

Group B

Group C

Group D

Group E

Group F

Group G

Group H

Round of 16 Fixtures:
Match 1:
Winner of Group A
VS
Runner Up of Group B

Match 2:
Winner of Group B
VS
Runner Up of Group A

Match 3:
Winner of Group C
VS
Runner Up of Group D

Match 4:
Winner of Group D
VS
Runner Up of Group C

Match 5:
Winner of Group E
VS
Runner Up of Group F

Match 6:
Winner of Group F
VS
Runner Up of Group E

Match 7:
Winner of Group G
VS
Runner Up of Group H

Match 8:
Winner of Group H
VS
Runner Up of Group G

Quarter Finals Fixtures:
QF 1:
Winner of Match 1
VS
Winner of Match 3

QF 2:
Winner of Match 2
VS
Winner of Match 4

QF 3:
Winner of Match 5
VS
Winner of Match 7

QF 4:
Winner of Match 6
VS
Winner of Match 8

Semi Finals Fixtures:
SF 1:
Winner of QF 1
VS
Winner of QF 3

SF 2:
Winner of QF 2
VS
Winner of QF 4

Grand Final Fixture:
Winner of SF 1
VS
Winner of SF 2

The only problem will be the scoring and which system to use. Am happy to hear suggestions.

Scoring Options:
- Plain Supercoach scoring
- Plain Dreamteam scoring
- Plain Sportsbet scoring
- (SC+DT)/2
- (SC+DT+SB)/3

Purple 77

Would love to see a Champions league, so I fully support this :)

However, IMO I reckon the fairest (and most time consuming way) would be (SC + DT + SB)/3

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 26, 2015, 12:17:16 PM
Would love to see a Champions league, so I fully support this :)

However, IMO I reckon the fairest (and most time consuming way) would be (SC + DT + SB)/3
100% with both these. Well done Levi too for running it.

Levi434

Set up an official thread in the XV's competition's board:

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,103822.0.html

Holz

I of course liked my ratio model from the original champs league. The ratio calc could use tweaking. Its the fastest to admin aswell.