Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on August 06, 2013, 03:35:30 PM
Quote from: Toga on August 06, 2013, 03:04:34 PM
I'm not sure about the points minimum Oz, like I know where you're comin from as it will fast-track improvement, but Beijing is gonna be hit by a bunch of retirements at EOS so I'm worried we will struggle to being it up enough.

The picks we will get in return for the retirees will be too late to attract much attention I'd say... :-X

Fair call Toga, its mostly stopping people from trading away all there players from picks (like happened a lot last year).

How about this as a slight adjustment?

Anyone who has less than 24,000 points can't do any trade that decreases there total points? (So Beijing can't trade a player for a pick, they would have to trade a pick for a player or a player for a better player/s).
How about they can't go down overall in the draft period, can do a trade to go down in total points so long as they make those points up via another trade.

Often a deal comes along so good you have to take it, and can then offload different picks for players to boost the cap back up again.

ie New Delhi has to finish the trade period at 21,231 or more, Beijing 19,565.

How they get there is their business, if they want to start the period by trading for pick 5 in the draft and giving away senior players that's their choice, so long as they get some different players back in later to make up for this differential.

If they're under their starting cap when the trading period ends, consequences will apply.

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on August 06, 2013, 05:16:12 PM
I'm not sure about the points minimum Oz, like I know where you're comin from as it will fast-track improvement, but Beijing is gonna be hit by a bunch of retirements at EOS so I'm worried we will struggle to being it up enough.

The picks we will get in return for the retirees will be too late to attract much attention I'd say... :-X

Fair call Toga, its mostly stopping people from trading away all there players from picks (like happened a lot last year).

Anyone who has less than 24,000 points can't do any trade that decreases there total points? (So Beijing can't trade a player for a pick, they would have to trade a pick for a player or a player for a better player/s).
How about they can't go down overall in the draft period, can do a trade to go down in total points so long as they make those points up via another trade.

Often a deal comes along so good you have to take it, and can then offload different picks for players to boost the cap back up again.

ie New Delhi has to finish the trade period at 21,231 or more, Beijing 19,565.

How they get there is their business, if they want to start the period by trading for pick 5 in the draft and giving away senior players that's their choice, so long as they get some different players back in later to make up for this differential.

If they're under their starting cap when the trading period ends, consequences will apply.
I agree with RB. This is how it should be to allow them to have full control of their trading :)

Nails

Failure to get above the cap = sacking  ;D ;D

Holz

Quote from: Nails on August 06, 2013, 08:42:49 PM
Failure to get above the cap = sacking  ;D ;D

I wouldn't say that you could be in trouble when your guys retire

Nails

Well it'd be my fault for letting it deteriorate to such a point, so surely some form of banishment should be brought down upon me...

That said I'm here for a Kevin Sheedy length appearance if possible.

Toga

Quote from: NigeyS on August 06, 2013, 03:10:06 PM
That's why you cough up an earlier pick for a good player. ;D

Doesn't really relate to what I'm saying TBH... Won't stop players retiring.

Yep, I like this! Although RB's model is appealing too...

Nige

Quote from: Toga on August 07, 2013, 01:50:10 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 06, 2013, 03:10:06 PM
That's why you cough up an earlier pick for a good player. ;D

Doesn't really relate to what I'm saying TBH... Won't stop players retiring.

Hahaha I know buddy, I was just messin'.  :P

Toga

elephants

Hey fellas, I'm sure its been addressed somewhere but can someone please give me a date for Trade Period kicking off? Is it after the Granny? Cheers lads 8)

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2013, 12:40:09 AM
Hey fellas, I'm sure its been addressed somewhere but can someone please give me a date for Trade Period kicking off? Is it after the Granny? Cheers lads 8)

Yup. As the minute hand ticks past midnight on the GF sunday night  ;)

elephants

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 08, 2013, 09:10:24 AM
Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2013, 12:40:09 AM

Yup. As the minute hand ticks past midnight on the GF sunday night  ;)

Ahh fantastic ;D Couldn't be keener :D

kilbluff1985

Assuming you mean WXV's Granny not the AFL's ??

As usual sorry if dumb question

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 08, 2013, 11:43:53 AM
Assuming you mean WXV's Granny not the AFL's ??

As usual sorry if dumb question

You would be correct in your assumption.  ;)

elephants

Yeah ^ so really after round 23 ;)

Lucky for Eagles fans like myself we won't have anything to worry about after then haha :P

maximus

I am now the assistant at Pacific islanders ;D