Main Menu

Mooney in awe of Griff

Started by Ricochet, January 20, 2014, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/cameron-mooney-says-bulldogs-skipper-ryan-griffens-talents-leaves-him-shaking-his-head/story-e6frf3e3-1226805654594?from=public_rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CAMERON Mooney says the Western Bulldogs possess a devastating one-two punch in their midfield, which is nearing elite status.

Mooney, a development coach at the Bulldogs, says the young list is on the rise under coach Brendan McCartney and while too much shouldn't be expected in 2014, fans should be excited by the talent at the Whitten Oval.

Mooney nominated young in-and-under star Tom Liberatore and new skipper Ryan Griffen as standouts of the onball group.

Mooney said Griffen, an All-Australian last year, was a superstar of the game, who often left the three-time premiership star shaking his head with his deeds on the training track.

"Led by young Libba (Tom Liberatore), who I just think is exceptional with the way he works around those packs and his clearance work.

"And then obviously Ryan Griffen, who let's be honest he is elite now but you put him in a side that starts having success and you're talking about one of the great midfielders of the competition.

"Watching him at training, I just sometimes laugh to myself because he just embarrasses everybody with how quick he is and how quickly he can get out of situations.

"I'd love to see him with the captaincy on his shoulders this year and see how he goes. I think he's going to be exceptional with it."

_wato

I definitely agree with Mooney here. Bulldogs have one of the best young midfields in the comp, and it's definitely underrated.

Libba, Griff and Cooney is one of the best three onballers in one team you could have.