Forgotten Pie keen to make an impact

Started by Ricochet, January 15, 2014, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-15/forgotten-pie-nears-return?utm_medium=RSS

FORGOTTEN Collingwood midfielder Clinton Young has declared himself fit to take part in the NAB Challenge series starting next month.

Youngs 2013 season was ruined by a series of worrisome hamstring injuries, restricting him to just two senior games and consigning him to spend a large chunk of time in rehab.

"It was obviously a frustrating season last year. But throughout the pre-season I've really attacked it and things are going well for the season ahead," Young told collingwoodfc.com.au.

"The hamstring's been good. It was a bit slow at the start of the pre-season, but since sort of the end of December [I've been] doing full training."

Young's running power has been on display on the training track and he has joined his teammates in full training.

A strong focus on transition running has been employed under new fitness coach Bill Davoren and it's an area that Young is thriving in.

_wato

Hopefully he comes in and does well, he is such an impact player, and very important for our run and carry I believe.

Can break lines and has speed, something we lack.