Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

I turned Independence Day: Resurgence off after 30min

Keeper27

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 06, 2016, 08:45:27 PM
I turned Independence Day: Resurgence off after 30min

good on you for lasting that long HAHA

watched Suicide Squad yesterday.
hmmm... i dont think it deserved the low rating from RT?? no.
its not a great movie, it was kinda just meh. the action was ok, not great like BvS/Civil War.
the story flow was ok, bit choppy but it wasnt as bad as many have suggested.
the cameo from batman was ok.
the flashbacks were cool, gave some backstory on the characters

SPOILERS
i hated the joker, leto's version of a "mob boss" was stupid. nothing felt Joker-esque.
The Flash cameo was cool.
the relationship between Harley and Joker didnt have the right feel like i thought it would.
i didnt like Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, i thought it was kinda silly and over the top even for an over the top character.
but she's hot. so i guess i'm OK with that.
jai courtney as Captain Boomerang was actually pretty good, he was funny when it needed to be.
will smith acted more like will smith rather than what deadshot's character is supposed to be, and it felt more like his movie.
but when you're the biggest star i guess that's the way it goes.

like i said it wasnt a great movie, and it definitely isnt as bad as critics make it out to be.
i was a step up from the theatrical release of BvS, but DC have to start making awesome movies instead of piling all the great scenes into the trailers.
DC has a lot of work if they want to compete with Marvel when it comes to movies but am still hopeful for the justice league.
avg movie, something that you'd flick on when nothing else is on the telly.
wait for DVD/Blu Ray and hope a better cut makes it on the disk.

5.5/10

_wato

Anyone seen Jason Bourne? Wanna know if it's any good

Jukes

Quote from: _wato on August 09, 2016, 02:56:50 PM

I want to go see it too but haven't gotten around to it - although the 57/7.1/58 across RT, iMDb and Metacritic doesn't look promising...but if it's half as good as any of the previous three Damon-Bourne films, it'll still be a decent movie.

_wato

Quote from: Jukes on August 09, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

I want to go see it too but haven't gotten around to it - although the 57/7.1/58 across RT, iMDb and Metacritic doesn't look promising...but if it's half as good as any of the previous three Damon-Bourne films, it'll still be a decent movie.

Mmmmm

Does anyone actually trust RT or metacritic? I find IMDb is a lottttt better

Jukes

Quote from: _wato on August 09, 2016, 03:13:24 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 09, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

Mmmmm

Does anyone actually trust RT or metacritic? I find IMDb is a lottttt better

They all have their pros and cons, I rate iMDb higher too but that doesn't mean RT and Meta are no good - both fan and critic ratings are important

Nige

Enjoyed Suicide Squad to be honest. Could have been a lot better, but not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

Thought most of the cast played their roles well. Wasn't a fan of Will Smith as Deadshot though, he's just always Will Smith to me. Margot Robbie was great as Harley Quinn imo. I thought Leto's Joker was pretty good for the most part. Loved Ike Barinholtz's role and the cameos were good. Best of all was Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, perfect in every way.

7.5/10 for me.

RaisyDaisy

Went and saw Suicide Squad today

For someone who doesn't follow the comics or know much about the actually characters, I actually enjoyed it

The storyline was a little weak, and the Aussie Boomerang guy was absolutely pointless (Boomerang and Knives - thought he added absolutely nothing to the film) but as a casual movie goer going to see a flick I enjoyed what I watched

Keeper27

Quote from: Nige on August 09, 2016, 10:41:17 PM
Wasn't a fan of Will Smith as Deadshot though, he's just always Will Smith to me.
Best of all was Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, perfect in every way.

THIS  ;)

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 14, 2016, 09:47:40 PM
the Aussie Boomerang guy was absolutely pointless
Funny you say this. Everyone I've talked to and everything I've read reckons it was Jai Courtney's best role/performance.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2016, 09:24:51 PM
Funny you say this. Everyone I've talked to and everything I've read reckons it was Jai Courtney's best role/performance.

I wasn't questioning his performance as an actor. I just didn't see any point in the character being involved - just didn't bring anything to the story. Basically, he could have been completely removed and the movie would have been the same

Keeper27

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 18, 2016, 09:32:21 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2016, 09:24:51 PM

I wasn't questioning his performance as an actor. I just didn't see any point in the character being involved - just didn't bring anything to the story. Basically, he could have been completely removed and the movie would have been the same

Let's be honest here, the whole premise of the movie was that if a superman like person came down and wasn't a good guy that ghetto "suicide squad" would be there to try and take them down.

No one on that squad would be able to do f**k all to a superman type character.

RaisyDaisy

Watched Money Monster tonight

5 mins I thought it was looking a little dodgy, but turned out to be quite a good movie that I really enjoyed!

Keeper27

Watched sausage party.
Pretty silly movie with a lot of crude jokes.
But I guess that's the demographic they're aiming for.
Few laughs here and there but pretty avg.

6/10

enzedder

Saw Suicide Squad today. Was ok but not great. imdb'd Margot Robbie to find out she was an Aussie and in neighbours for years lol... had no idea. She was good in her role as was Jared Leto as the Joker but on the whole it didn't really get there for me. Agree with RD about Boomerang, didn't need him. Seen it, won't again.