Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Watched Spotlight yesterday and definitely recommend

Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffolo, Rachel McAdams and Lief Schriber

enzedder

Just back from watching HungerGames Moockingjay part2. Thought it was excellent.

jvalles69

The Revenant was incredible!  Leo HAS to get the Oscar for this one, if not there is definitely some sort of conspiracy against him going on.

Was watching the Hateful 8 on a plain to South East Asia and my copy failed 40mins from the end. :(  Was an effort to get to this point and now have to wait for the payoff when I get back home, all I can say is it better be good or this will be the worse Tarantino film I'm seen and I'm a BIG fan.

Finally got to watch Interstellar and that was pretty awesome!

GoLions

Yeah really want to see The Revenant, looks great.

Star Wars was pretty good, although a bit too predictable seeing as it's basically the exact same plot as the first movie of the original trilogy.

RaisyDaisy

Finally watched all of The Hateful Eight yesterday. It's not an easy film to watch - the first hour is very slow and boring but it had a nice twist. The blood and gore I felt was pretty tacky. Not a bad film, but probably overrated just because it's Tarrantino

Nige

Off to The Revenant today with Phas, will report back on whether Leo deserves an Oscar for it.  :P

T Dog

Quote from: Nige on January 11, 2016, 09:36:58 AM
Off to The Revenant today with Phas, will report back on whether Leo deserves an Oscar for it.  :P

Deserves?  The politics of the Oscars aren't about being deserving Nige   ;D

Nige

The Revenant gets a solid 8.5/10.

Seriously awesome flick. Leo was amazing the whole damn time. Not normally into movies like this and I still loved it. Points off because I felt like it dragged out a little in parts and didn't need to take so long for certain things to happen. Definitely recommend it.

Jay

kilbluff1985

Jay

Nige

If you wanna see the winner for most cringeworthy movie with cheap laughs that will keep you not knowing whether to laugh or cry, Sisters is it. Solid 1.5/10

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Nige on January 12, 2016, 05:59:37 PM
If you wanna see the winner for most cringeworthy movie with cheap laughs that will keep you not knowing whether to laugh or cry, Sisters is it. Solid 1.5/10
I would rather spoon out my eyeballs and insert them into my rectum than watch that

Nige

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are funny as flower which is why we went but it was just so bad. There were several rectum references and jokes too though funnily enough.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on January 12, 2016, 06:39:27 PM
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are funny as flower which is why we went but it was just so bad. There were several rectum references and jokes too though funnily enough.

You couldn't tell from the preview how horrible it would be? Already told the misses she's going with friends to see that