WXV Divisions

Started by ossie85, December 08, 2013, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Maybe we could trial it along with the actual season this year too see how it all turns out then make a decision on it next year?

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on December 08, 2013, 07:42:40 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 08, 2013, 07:40:16 PM
Also here's another concern I have. What happens if a team in group A (most likely Dillo's in a season or two) completely dies because they are full of old people and they all retire. They finish last in group a and don't make finals, but I assume they won't get a top 5 draft pick, which would make it very hard for them to rebuild...

Yeah good point, we might make draft picks based on total points scored?
Could theoretically win the premiership and get pick #1. :P
I actually like this idea, I just thought I'd mention that because I like to kick up dust.
Off the rails.

Nige

Quote from: vinny on December 08, 2013, 06:55:19 PM
Teachers pet in school Nige?
With some teachers, I guess.  :P

Vinny

Nige

Quote from: vinny on December 08, 2013, 11:01:34 PM
Awwww, come on mate!
I like the good guy image.  :P

But yeah, on topic... I always end up saying something stupid when I try to be super involved in these discussions, so I'll continue to be pedestrian but also continue with how I actually feel regarding the issue and say I don't mind the division idea.

JBs-Hawks

Dont like it, lets keep it like the AFL. If lesser teams want to compete with the better teams then they need to be coached well to bridge the gap. Look at Dublin!

Toga

I don't mind your suggestion Oz but I think that one year soon enough we'll get our team on track and want to be able to compete for the premiership when that time comes! Just like Dublin had a breakout year this year! ;)

But agree we need to figure out some way to get lesser teams back on track - I think we've done an ok job at keeping Beijing improving over trading/drafting although we still need to replace a bunch of older players to remain competitive!

ossie85

I'd put this up for a vote, but think I'd lose :P

No issue, just thinking of different ways to keep WXV the best XV comp  8)

Purple 77

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 08, 2013, 11:15:10 PM
Dont like it, lets keep it like the AFL. If lesser teams want to compete with the better teams then they need to be coached well to bridge the gap. Look at Dublin!

Quote from: Toga on December 08, 2013, 11:20:49 PM
I don't mind your suggestion Oz but I think that one year soon enough we'll get our team on track and want to be able to compete for the premiership when that time comes! Just like Dublin had a breakout year this year! ;)

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 08, 2013, 05:45:41 PM
Yeah not sure if I like it or not. You say none of the bottom 6 have a chance, but Dublin did go from wooden spoon to finishing 9th, missing out on finals by percentage where they would have done some damage!

Plus PNL in the bottom group seems wrong. Yes they don't win many, but they always seem to score highly and just get unlucky...

Ok, fair enough, I take the ignorance of the biggest bolters in 2013, me, in a kind measure, as we all know it was a fluke :P

Toga

I only joined the comp this year so idk much about who finished where the year before :-[

I only know cos of Holz's banter, heard aaaallllll about Dublin's improvement! ;D :P

Nige

Quote from: Toga on December 09, 2013, 09:16:39 AM
I only joined the comp this year so idk much about who finished where the year before :-[

I only know cos of Holz's banter, heard aaaallllll about Dublin's improvement! ;D :P
Banter? I thought it was bragging.  :o :P

Toga

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on December 09, 2013, 09:16:39 AM

Lol, fair enough. But really though, the final four matches that I won hence got to the finals, were a total fluke.

My Score, Opponent, Opponent Score

1321   Tokyo Samurai   1168
1421   Toronto Wolves   1245
1237   Seoul Magpies   1124
1273   Beijing Thunder   1082

In the Toronto game, Jack Steven was my captain and he got 160*2, so that isn't a great score really either  :P So I scraped in the eight in the end.

Then the next two finals matches I played in

1455 Cape Town Cobras 1195
1430 Moscow Spetsnaz   1186

So at this point, my last 6 games, the highest opponent score was 1245  :P

But then this happened....

1452 Mexico City Suns 1729

In the home and away season as well, I had the least points scored against me

AND

My reserves had the least points scored against me.

Most defensive team of the year!

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 09, 2013, 09:15:08 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 08, 2013, 11:15:10 PM

Quote from: Toga on December 08, 2013, 11:20:49 PM

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 08, 2013, 05:45:41 PM
Yeah not sure if I like it or not. You say none of the bottom 6 have a chance, but Dublin did go from wooden spoon to finishing 9th, missing out on finals by percentage where they would have done some damage!

Plus PNL in the bottom group seems wrong. Yes they don't win many, but they always seem to score highly and just get unlucky...

Ok, fair enough, I take the ignorance of the biggest bolters in 2013, me, in a kind measure, as we all know it was a fluke :P

To be fair I did outscore you by 70 points over the season and top scored 3 of the last 4 weeks. Going on scores if I snuck into the finals I think I would have lost in the prelim or grand final.

Banter - Bragging interchangeable I think abit of banter improves the competition. The same way I'm bias about north I'm bias about Dublin. If you think I'm arrogant than it will make when we play even more interesting especially if you take me out. Just abit of fun.

#Dublinforflag

Ringo

I also think the Salary Cap points system will bite the higher placed teams this year if some of their stars have injury free seasons. Just looking at London I have an average team and did not have many injuries and yet finished above the cap due to the depth I have with most of my players playing a full season either in A grade or Reserve. (really hurt with rookie Rampe getting quite a few games)

This was the first season for the cap so lets see how it plays out in the second year. I can see competition evening out over a couple of years as Coaches steadily see their cap increase.