Main Menu

Jacob Ballard.

Started by anchorman, December 04, 2013, 08:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Exactly as Vin said? It's a forum.. A forum is where anyone can post their opinion. And just because it's in a Freo Board doesn't mean that only Fremantle supporters can comment? If that was the case this whole website wold be full of bias comments with no criticism on your thoughts and other views from the opposition. It would be extremely dull.

And mate to be perfectly honest, I'd think they'd agree with the majority of people already on here and what's been said? Fyfe is a pure mid that can spend his time up forward resting and kicking goals that way. No point turning him into a CHF because it's not his position.

Just face that fact and move on.

Ricochet

1) Fyfe is not big enough to play CHF and is not a lead up type key fwd with a presence.

2) in the event that Pav doesn't play... Clarke, Gumby, Keplar, Mayne, or the bigger kids would all play CHF before we would jeopardize our structure and play a midfielder like Fyfe in that role

elephants

Back the flower off Tasmanians. One of the nicest places ever.

TeeJay

Quote from: elephants on December 04, 2013, 10:55:15 PM

Yeah come on guys tassie is alright.
My girlfriend, mum and my sister  live there and she's a really nice person

elephants

Quote from: TeeJay on December 04, 2013, 10:58:50 PM

I lol'd :P

valkorum

Quote from: anchorman on December 04, 2013, 09:57:00 PM
I want a name of a player other than Fyfe who can well and truley hold down CHF>

Keplar Bradley
Matthew Taberner
Gumbleton
I would also play Morabito before Fyfe at CHF

Nige

Quote from: elephants on December 04, 2013, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on December 04, 2013, 10:58:50 PM

I lol'd :P
Too late for a Trev Marmalade nomination?  :o

Ziplock

nup, I still haven't bothered making the finals cut :P

Jroo

Tbh I think Fyfe would be okay at CHF, he has a big jump, he knows how to mark and he moves around the ground very well.
But in saying that, I think it's very unlikely that 'Ross the Boss' will put one of his midfielders up forward.
As Zip said they should trial him at CHF in the NAB Cup, but I don't thin they will.

Ziplock

Quote from: JROO8 on December 05, 2013, 10:43:22 AM
Tbh I think Fyfe would be okay at CHF, he has a big jump, he knows how to mark and he moves around the ground very well.
But in saying that, I think it's very unlikely that 'Ross the Boss' will put one of his midfielders up forward.
As Zip said they should trial him at CHF in the NAB Cup, but I don't thin they will.

I know he has a decent leap, but I think any 1 on 1 scenario even a half decent CHB won't let him get a clean jump at the ball. He'd need to bulk up to compete with them well, and that's what I meant by detracting from his strengths- the bulk would slow his movement and probably lessen his jumping ability.

Jroo

Quote from: Ziplock on December 05, 2013, 10:50:13 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on December 05, 2013, 10:43:22 AM

I know he has a decent leap, but I think any 1 on 1 scenario even a half decent CHB won't let him get a clean jump at the ball. He'd need to bulk up to compete with them well, and that's what I meant by detracting from his strengths- the bulk would slow his movement and probably lessen his jumping ability.
Yeah you're right, I didn't think of that. He's pretty skinny, imagine him coming up against Ben Rutten or another big defender, he'll get squashed. :P

valkorum

He's not as skinny as you think guys.... but he isnt big enough to be a CHF