Main Menu

Jacob Ballard.

Started by anchorman, December 04, 2013, 08:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

Fyfe is  big enough.He is 190 and 88 kgs going by last years stats.So yes he is big enough.
Gumbleton at CHF!!!!!!I think not to slow and not good enough below his knees.Apeness is unkown same as Ballard.But I give Ballard more chance of making it that Apeness,at this early stage.
Keep em coming.

_wato

Yeah mate Fyfe doesn't seem to cut it especially when you have blokes much bigger and stronger such as Franklin, Riewoldt etc playing CHF for their respective teams. They seem to have much more attributes to that role than Fyfe does, and really he's only 186cm and 81kg? There's plenty of players with good hands in the competition, but aren't CHF's because that's not where they should be played.

And the old CHF is going out of fashion nowadays in my opinion. As long as they can create a contest, lead up the ground to make room for your FF and allow your crumbers to come in from underneath the pack they have done their job. Chris Mayne could be the next CHF as he does it superbly, and I'm sure blokes such as Patton and future KPP in the drafts will come under huge contemplation. I would think the list manager at Fremantle would know that all too well mate, and be targeting and sending out scouts looking for the next Pavlich as we speak.

No point in wasting a talent such as Fyfe up forward 100% as others have already said, as he can be as good as Ablett/Judd etc in the future. Without him in the guts you lack that extra dimension that makes Fremantle such a good team around the contest. He has that class, time, the awareness around goals to do it all as a Ruck Rover. That's where he should play for the rest of his career.

Vinny

I am 99% confident that your scenario will not happen mate.

anchorman

With McCarthy you are talkin g about ,IFs, BUTs and Maybes.He is not here and with absolutely not guarantee that he will come to the Dockers,even if he comes home.
Players who we have now.
If Pavlich can't play for a fair amount of the year who do you use to fill his role?

Vinny

Lets make a small bet. Okay?

_wato

Mate Pavlich didn't play for much of this year and look where your team got.. A Grand Final.

I wouldn't worry too much if he did get injured as good teams always have replacements. You did this year, you found other recruits in the offseason also and should be good to go next year. Stop your worrying.

Vinny

If Fyfe plays at CHF in 2014 and Ballard gets games, I will change my DPP in dedication to Ballard for a month. Mind you, I don't even know what the guy looks like.

anchorman

Wato Fye is 190 and 88.You still have to have a good avenue of attack to get goals on the board.If you don't need a CHF why play our BEST player Mathew Pavlich there? Have we not been screaming out for many years to play our Best player Pav at CHF!!!!!!Did we not scream,even though he was our best mid that he was needed at CHF!!!!!!

anchorman

Quote from: vinny on December 04, 2013, 09:53:53 PM
If Fyfe plays at CHF in 2014 and Ballard gets games, I will change my DPP in dedication to Ballard for a month. Mind you, I don't even know what the guy looks like.
Check out the Dockers web site then Look at the kids.
Wato the recruits we have and I include Ballard in that have yet to play a game of AFL.
I want a name of a player other than Fyfe who can well and truley hold down CHF>

Vinny

Do we have a bet or not? Thought you were confident this would happen.

anchorman

I am not a betting man.But I see it happening if Ballard becomes a ready made player as a mid.
What were you wanting to bet
I have only used this as a discussion point,not a gambling ploy.

_wato

Quote from: anchorman on December 04, 2013, 09:54:10 PM
Wato Fye is 190 and 88.You still have to have a good avenue of attack to get goals on the board.If you don't need a CHF why play our BEST player Mathew Pavlich there? Have we not been screaming out for many years to play our Best player Pav at CHF!!!!!!Did we not scream,even though he was our best mid that he was needed at CHF!!!!!!

Alright ill take you on the fact that Fyfe is 190 and 88, I was looking on FF for those stats.

Times have changed mate, you need to stop living in the past.. Yes there was a greater emphasis on key CHF players for years on end but go through now and tell me what CHF's that actually play in that position for each club are any good? Because most actually come out from FF or from about 25m out and lead from there. The only genuine good players I know are Reiwoldt and Franklin. The fact of the matter is they only need to create a contest and let their smaller crumbling forwards and Mids do the rest. It's a hard spot to play and I don't think Fyfe will ever have the size to play the position to his full ability. Pavlich did have the size (192, 100kg).

Anyway, from what I've seen and from last year Pavlich was playing out of Full Forward. There is a huge difference between those two players (FF & CHF) - work rate, goal scoring, possessions, everything.

Vinny

Quote from: vinny on December 04, 2013, 09:53:53 PM

Not real money mate, no way haha. Just meant your profile picture. :P

anchorman

So your saying we wasted Pavlich by playing him at CHF!!!He is not a true CHF?

JBs-Hawks