Main Menu

Jacob Ballard.

Started by anchorman, December 04, 2013, 08:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

Usually like to see if I can find a ready made player from our new recruits every year.Had a couple of successes one failure Jaiden Pitt but he had an excuse with his heart proble.
I have picked Clancee Pearce,who took a while to get it right.I also selected Lee Spurr who has done well.
This year even though it is early and I haven't seen him play I am going for Jacob Ballard.He looks the good even before they have put miles in his legs and tried to bulk him up.Not that he needs much bulking I don't think.
He is a inside mid who loves the hard ball.He is 188 cms and 90 kgs.Looks  to have a very strong body.
He missed out on being selected  in the 2012 draft so knows what disappointment is.I am thinking this will spur him on to bigger and better things.
If he can come good early along with Colin Sylvia,then maybe that will allow us to use Nat Fyfe at CHF and Pavlich at FF. Mayne in a pocket or HFF. Ballantyne and Walters as crumbing forwards. MMM I like the sound of that.Three big forwards,I like it.

JBs-Hawks

Use one of the best mids in the comp as a CHF?  ???

Ricochet

Yeh not sure if i agree with that anchorman, sorry

valkorum

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 04, 2013, 08:12:26 PM

I also have to disagree with this one.  We have recruited a bunch of talls over the last 2 seasons so I am sure that one of them will make it.

Fyfe must be in the midfield, pushing forward..... not starting forward pushing up the ground.

anchorman

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 04, 2013, 08:12:26 PM
Yep,we wasted the talent of Mathew Pavlich as a forward for too many years.We now have a ready made CHF and we should use him as such.We have an abundance of above average mids playing now.
Yes we have recruited a few talls over the past couple of years,but tell me which one is going to take over Pavlichs role at CHF. I have yet to see one,other than Fyfe who can do that .Fyfe is a ready made CHF,same as Pavlich was when he started.
Good mids are a dime a dozen good or great CHFs are as scarce as hens teeth and a hundred times more expensive.Why try to make one when we have a ready made on at the club already?

Ricochet

But Fyfe isn't just an above average midfielder. He has potential to be one of the best midfielders in the comp.
Yes he's a good mark but they are more floating across type marks rather than hit up marks. I just don't think he is a lead up type player like true fwds. And that he is vital to our midfield

anchorman

I see him more as vital to our whole team,not just as a mid. CHFs are hard to come by .Fyfe is a ready made CHF.
Tell me who is the logical replacement for Mathew Pavlich after he retires.Name me one play we have recruited who right now could fill his spot.

Vinny

Sorry man, can't agree with you here. Fyfe stays in the midfield and starts there too. He is future brownlow material.

anchorman

anchorman

Give me the name of the player who is good enough to take over from Pav.There is only one and that is Fyfe. Others might fill a hole,but Fyfe will play rhe role that Pvlich plays for us now and maybe even better.As I said good mids are a dime a dozen,champion ready made CHFs are priceless.We wasted Pavlich for far too many years as a mid because he was the only one we had.We now have a dozen of them who can do the job.But CHF we need Fyfe there.

Vinny

Why put your ready made super gun midfielder into a CHF role? Makes no sense man.

anchorman

CHFs win you big important games. We have more than enough god mids.Name me the player who will take over Pavs role at CHF. Give me one name.

Ziplock

Is fyfe able to play big enough for CHF?

Gumbleton.

JBs-Hawks

Gumby, Apeness, Mccarthy when he comes home

Vinny

^^^^

Just seems ridiculous playing such a good mid outside a role where he is killing it.