Main Menu

Brothers in arms

Started by tbagrocks, November 22, 2013, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

So it begins and how cute were they! The Crouch's together in Adelaide and don't we love it! Party at Sando's

Just imagine this for a second, Adelaide crows  midfield 5

Dangerfield, Sloane, Brad, Matt, Griggy

specky92

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 22, 2013, 05:09:36 PM
Just imagine this for a second, Adelaide crows  midfield 5

Dangerfield, Sloane, Brad, Matt, Griggy
8)

SydneyRox

One of my fav albums.....

:P

tbagrocks

Brad of course has moved into the vacant room left by Bernie at Taylor's house

Wonder if there is room for Matty? ???  Bring out the fold out couch boys! Young bro's moving in!

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 22, 2013, 07:21:09 PM
Brad of course has moved into the vacant room left by Bernie at Taylor's house

Wonder if there is room for Matty? ???  Bring out the fold out couch boys! Young bro's moving in!
I've got a spare room at my place for the guy ;D

Dudge

kilbluff1985

Jay

kilbluff1985

McRooster

Quote from: Jayman on November 22, 2013, 07:30:46 PM
Quote from: Dudge on November 22, 2013, 07:26:49 PM
How come he slipped to 23?
"too slow"
yeah, and Darren Jarman was a total racehorse 😜

This recruitment is more than the player at hand (he might turn out to be a Nathan Ablett) but it is a positive move that will galvanise the clubs direction. Danger (our next Captain) was tweeting his excitement as soon as  Matt's name was read out.

Welcome BOB (brother of brad)

Mailman the 2nd

Indeed Crouch will likely do a lot better playing with his brother rather than any other club

Ziplock

Quote from: Jayman on November 22, 2013, 07:30:46 PM
Quote from: Dudge on November 22, 2013, 07:26:49 PM
How come he slipped to 23?
"too slow"

I really wish we had access to the full  draft camp stats, rather than just top 10.

But speed really is important- at lower levels, not so much, but slower players struggle notably at the elite level, how often do you see gun possession winners at like VFl level just do poorly at AFL level?  and Crouch's decrease in possessions in the U18 against better quality opposition are a little worrying (unless he was carrying injury? I know he got injured in TAC at one point, but I don't know about U18s).

Speed's probably one of the harder things to improve on... endurance, strength, accuracy are all aspects you could have flaws in, but would be significantly easier to improve on than like a 20m sprint time.

I heard on the grapevine that crouch's 20m sprint time was notably slow, like only just in the top 50% at the draft camp or something. Could just be a rumour though.

tbagrocks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-25/brotherly-love-is-back-

Also heard Matt on 5AA, said he won't be moving into Tex and Brad's house, "Don't think we want to go there"  :P

Dudge

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 25, 2013, 08:31:22 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-25/brotherly-love-is-back-

Also heard Matt on 5AA, said he won't be moving into Tex and Brad's house, "Don't think we want to go there"  :P

Heard the same interview tbags, down to earth type of kid, good attitude