EXV: 2014 National Draft

Started by Holz, November 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

smeh, I'm not that fussed personally.

For anyone that hasn't had their first round pick though it'd be pretty frustrating :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on November 24, 2013, 11:18:29 PM
For anyone that hasn't had their first round pick though it'd be pretty frustrating :P

Yup.

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 24, 2013, 11:11:51 PM
Quick poll
Who would win a race between draft and Shaun Rehn?

Rehn, easily.

Ziplock

I have a question about the pre-listed players... I thought they got picked up in the rookie draft by their clubs? :S

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 24, 2013, 11:23:07 PM
I have a question about the pre-listed players... I thought they got picked up in the rookie draft by their clubs? :S

Yeah I agree with you but it's how we did it last year so sticking with the same format. The rookie draft will still be pretty strong.

Scrads

They do, but it has always been our rules (for example, Craig Moller last year as well as GWS pre-lists such as Jed Anderson). Pool is a little shallower this year because I don't think GWS had the rights to the pre-lists. It is pretty much just international rookies and rookies from other sport codes.

Ziplock

ahk, that makes sense.

I was just confused, soz :P

The F.A.R.K.

Just putting it out there, I wouldn't select a single pre listed player with a National pick...Would be a bigger waste of a pick than Hawthorn using Nat 6 on Mitch Thorp

Scrads

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 24, 2013, 11:32:56 PM

Just putting it out there, I wouldn't select a single pre listed player with a National pick...Would be a bigger waste of a pick than Hawthorn using Nat 6 on Mitch Thorp

What about last year when Jack Martin and Jesse Hogan were available? :P

Ziplock

haha, yeah, they're all pretty average... at best.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Scrads on November 24, 2013, 11:44:25 PM

I wasn't referring to last year, I was referring to the group of gugs available this year ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 24, 2013, 11:50:43 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 24, 2013, 11:44:25 PM

I wasn't referring to last year, I was referring to the group of gugs available this year ;)

nah, hogan/ martin aren't worth even a top 50 rookie pick. Overrated.

nostradamus

3 more picks and the AXV draft is finished ............ enough said

elephants

Haha I understand that Hawka might have had a big night but if he's not up and about yet I would have some serious concerns about his health :-\ This, or he might have seen Everton throw-away a Merseyside Derby win and would therefore be cutting right now aha :(

Justin Bieber

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: whatlez on November 25, 2013, 12:18:05 AM
Well this was fun...

Can someone check if the paint is dry yet?