Alan Richardson officially named as the new coach of St Kilda

Started by Bill Manspeaker, November 13, 2013, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Ricochet

Noz

Saints are also covering some of the cost to find Richos replacement.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ricochet on November 14, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
modify the first post mate

of course! thanks mate

congrats on 1000 cheers aswell!

Ricochet

Spinking

Pleased about this. Have a high regard for Choco, but think Richardson is a great pick up. Hopefully the start of the road back...

Toga

Bad luck Port, he seemed like he had a lot of influence around the club. Hopefully you guys can find a good replacement, although I think you're in more than capable hands with Hinkley!! 8)

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 14, 2013, 10:58:59 AM
Hawks and Collingwood lose assistants every year to head coaching gigs.  Just business.

Port or Richmond might lose an assistant.  DEATH TO ST KILDA!

From what I understand it's more so the timing of the move than anything that's causing problems among opposition coaches...

Noz

When Lyon left St Kilda in a showering mess it was always going to take more than 2 seasons to get things rolling again, Watters didn't even get a chance to build the team the way he wanted to and instead they sack him 1 week before the National Draft and hire a man who they didn't even want 2 years ago. What has changed in 2 years? Absolutely nothing.

I would of been fine with this is St Kilda sacked Watters after the flowering season finished or even before the trade period started and not waited until a week before draft day.

Vinny

Yeah it is kind of stupid but best of luck to Richardson, hopefully he can turn it around for the Saints. :)

Mailman the 2nd

enzedder

OK. I'm not excited by it but not unhappy either.
Time will tell if he is any good.
Patterson, Jesaulenko, Jewell, Gellie, Baldock, Davis (caretaker), Sheldon, Alves, Watson, Blight, Thomas, Lyon and Watters have been the appointed coaches I have seen in my time.
Hopefully he can do something the others couldn't.