Main Menu

Stand Alone VFL Team.

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, November 11, 2013, 04:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: TeeJay on December 02, 2013, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 02, 2013, 09:36:16 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on December 02, 2013, 09:34:03 PM
Not sure if you guys are taking the Mickey or not?  :o that team will get smacked most weeks.
C'mon Teej mate, let's not say anything we'll regret.  :P

Happy to be proved wrong but that's just a team full of kids.  They will struggle for a year or 2
Tank, Az and Orren are pretty old kids.  ;)

TheAnt

Quote from: TeeJay on December 02, 2013, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 02, 2013, 09:36:16 PM
Not sure if you guys are taking the Mickey or not?  :o that team will get smacked most weeks.
C'mon Teej mate, let's not say anything we'll regret.  :P

Happy to be proved wrong but that's just a team full of kids.  They will struggle for a year or 2
The vast majority are... these kids are a lot more talented than VFL players.

Nige

Jroo

Nige

Former Tiges rookie Pat Contin has also joined the team.

Kellogscrunchynut

Good pick up, his experience should help the kids greatly and hope he makes a smooth transition into coaching.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on December 03, 2013, 06:56:41 PM
Oh yeah, I heard about this earlier as well.
I actually didn't mind Contin, I thought he had the talent to make it as an AFL player, guess I was wrong.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 03, 2013, 06:58:52 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 03, 2013, 06:56:41 PM
Oh yeah, I heard about this earlier as well.
I actually didn't mind Contin, I thought he had the talent to make it as an AFL player, guess I was wrong.
Yep, same here. I think he was unlucky to get axed. He seems pretty happy to be a Tiger once more.

TheAnt

In addition half of these players are way too good for this level. Hell Matt Thomas is probably our 3rd/4th best midfielder and he won the Magarey Medal in the SANFL, which is probably better than AFL.

quinny88

Quote from: TheAnt on December 03, 2013, 07:08:35 PM
In addition half of these players are way too good for this level. Hell Matt Thomas is probably our 3rd/4th best midfielder and he won the Magarey Medal in the SANFL, which is probably better than AFL.

The SANFL is better than the AFL?  :o is thes tbags second account? Lol

TeeJay

Who in that team is too good for VFL?? none of them even dominate in the VFL. I understand some of the kids will become regular AFL players but at this current time that's just an ordinary VFL level side. Matt Thomas right now is that teams BEST midfielder not 3rd or 4th. I'm talking about this team as an immediate prospect playing round one in a few months time, not a couple of years down the track. They are way off

Ricochet

Have to agree with Tee Jay here. Gotta look at the bottom end of the team and the gap between the guns in the team and the youngsters. The top end VFL teams have a very very small gap between their best and worst. Other teams will exploit the inexperienced

TeeJay

Quote from: Ricochet on December 03, 2013, 11:26:47 PM
Have to agree with Tee Jay here. Gotta look at the bottom end of the team and the gap between the guns in the team and the youngsters. The top end VFL teams have a very very small gap between their best and worst. Other teams will exploit the inexperienced

Exactly right. There's no doubt that it's a great list of young players but it's still a team of kids. That's exactly why they have gone out and recruited guys like mcqualter and davey same as GWS did in the AFL

TheAnt

Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2013, 10:25:43 PM

The SANFL is better than the AFL?  :o is thes tbags second account? Lol
I meant VFL haha

Nige

Sandover Medalist Ross Young has joined as the captain. Other additions to the team are Ryan Bathie (former Cat, was training with us) and Ed Barlow (who played for the Dogs and Swans).