AF 2014 Profile: Gary Ablett Jr

Started by Jukes, October 28, 2013, 10:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Jukes on October 29, 2013, 10:29:07 PM
Quote from: Holzman on October 29, 2013, 12:10:38 PM
he is underpriced due his injuries as ric said 123 if you take out the last 6 games.

he was a great pickup and i agree he will drop abit, but from his real average of 123 not from 115.

im expecting 115-117 and with that he is a lock.

while your technically got the call correc,t you got luck with him getting injured. he didnt decline much at all.

I said before last season that injury would play a part in his downfall, which "happened". So either;
a) you don't blame injury and just admit he was a spud- I'm right
b) you blame injury like I said would happen- I'm right
Simples.
We are saying you were right with your prediction mate. But we're saying you were wrong when you said he was a bad pickup to start with this year. He was the best player to start with because he averaged 126 over most of the year.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 30, 2013, 11:15:02 AM
he is underpriced due his injuries as ric said 123 if you take out the last 6 games.

he was a great pickup and i agree he will drop abit, but from his real average of 123 not from 115.

while your technically got the call correc,t you got luck with him getting injured. he didnt decline much at all.

I said before last season that injury would play a part in his downfall, which "happened". So either;
Simples.
We are saying you were right with your prediction mate. But we're saying you were wrong when you said he was a bad pickup to start with this year. He was the best player to start with because he averaged 126 over most of the year.

not only that but given he was my captain for most of the first 15 rounds his value was even higher to my sqaud.

KoopKicka

Jay

Simples.
"spud"

Let me know when Stants takes home a Brownlow... Now, give me my $20 for being horribly wrong!

zeddyzed

Jukes mate, we get it, you have a hard on for Stanton.

Simples.

pommyadam

but Stanton's a weird player

I watch him when he scored ~150 (think it was vs Richmond), and wouldn't have thought he'd have tonned up
and then he has those games where he looks on track for a big score, and ends up with 50
he's infuriating to watch

Money

Jukes you made a good call but I can't seriously see why you call him a spud and it's things like that what make you look like a dick.

He won the brownlow for christ sakes and easily takes out the best player going around at the moment, it makes me cringe when I see you calling him a spud, it's just stupid and you make yourself look like a toss

pommyadam

in fairness, he kinda fell over the line for the brownlow

Jay

Quote from: pommyadam on November 01, 2013, 02:28:47 PM
He won it though. Thats what matters.

Ricochet

Fell over... with a 33 possie 4 goal last game ;)

ADEZ

Quote from: Ricochet on November 01, 2013, 05:26:20 PM
Fell over... with a 33 possie 4 goal last game ;)
Yeah he just wanted to draw with Selwood - he had to give him the chance to catch up

Kellogscrunchynut

The main thing that will affect his scoring next year will be how much the younger Suns can do in the midfield. If he continues to carry the team on his back he will be up against some very hard tags like the Melbourne game where he scored 64, he'll still have his blinders where you'll want him in your side. If O'Meara, Swallow, Bennell, Prestia, etc can lift their games sufficiently he'll be more consistant and may not have as high a ceiling as in the past.

stew42

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 02, 2013, 06:07:55 PM
The main thing that will affect his scoring next year will be how much the younger Suns can do in the midfield. If he continues to carry the team on his back he will be up against some very hard tags like the Melbourne game where he scored 64, he'll still have his blinders where you'll want him in your side. If O'Meara, Swallow, Bennell, Prestia, etc can lift their games sufficiently he'll be more consistant and may not have as high a ceiling as in the past.
Add Martin in there too. Suns have an incredible midfield. Or rather will have an absolutely unbeatable midfield in 3-5 years time

Jukes