Main Menu

Proposed Rule changes

Started by PowerBug, October 28, 2013, 10:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

There are some interesting rule changes proposed by ashario that will (99%) be implemented at the end of this season, one being a Wage discount to HG players, the other, an auto-bot flush and bot-reset. I can't wait to see how much I'll be saving with the new HG method, since I keep my players for so many seasons. :D As for the bot flush, I do find it weird that a team can finish 8th in their league, however should two bots be placed above them, they will not relegate. Quotes from the FTP Forums are below. Dicsuss.

1. Home Grown Players - Wage Discount
Quote from: FTPashario
At the end of season 22 (ie this season), I'm planning on making a change to wage calculations with a view of rewarding teams who follow the "home grown approach", which basically means
- teams that recruit their players largely from their own youth academy
- teams that purchase young players and stick with them during their careers

With this in mind, the proposed changes are:

a. Players recruited from your youth academy receive a 5% discount on wages (although the minimum player wage will remain at $400)
b. For each season a player remains in your team, he receives a further 0.5% discount of wages, capped at a maximum of 5%

For example:
A player recruited from your academy who has been at your club for 4 seasons receives a 5 + (4 * 0.5) = 7% wage discount
A player recruited from your academy who has been at your club for 8 seasons receives a or 5 + (8 * 0.5) = 9% wage discount
A player recruited from your academy who has been at your club for 15 seasons receives a or 5 + (10 * 0.5) = 10% wage discount

A player you purchased on the transfer market who has been at your club for 4 seasons receives a (4 * 0.5) = 2% wage discount
A player you purchased on the transfer market who has been at your club for 8 seasons receives a (8 * 0.5) = 4% wage discount
A player you purchased on the transfer market who has been at your club for 15 seasons receives a (10 * 0.5) = 5% wage discount

EDIT:
- wage discounts will be applied retrospectively, so if at the end of this season you have a player recruited from your academy who has been at your club for 8 seasons, he will receive an immediate 5 + (8 * 0.5) = 9% wage discount
- If you sell a player to another club and then buy him back at a later date, his 'years of service' counter resets to 0.
- If you list a player, bid on him and buy him back, his 'years of service' counter does not reset to 0.

2. End of season promotions/demotions - a new model  (Bot Flush)
I'm thinking of having what we tend to call a 'bot flush' every season. This means that, during the end of season updates, all computer controlled teams will be relegated to the bottom division(s), with human controlled teams incrementally shifting up to fill the gaps.

The following would be the new model:
- As indicated above, all computer controlled teams will be relegated to the bottom division(s), with human controlled teams incrementally shifting up to fill the gaps.
- Computer controlled teams that became inactive during the past season will have their squads reset with low wage/skilled players (ie no more 'super bot' squads that take an age to finally drop down the divisions)
- Teams requesting to move countries will no longer be placed in the bottom divisions, but will be placed according to the divisions they reside in in their current country (perhaps they would not be allowed to parachute into a league that is higher than div 3).

The general reasoning behind these changes is that I can really only think of one reason why things operate the way they do now - the establishment of league rivalries.

Reasons for the new model include
- human controlled teams will play against other human controlled teams more often
- the practice of established teams moving countries and then resttricting the progress of lower division teams they play against will be largely eliminated.
- 'super bot' teams - teams with high wage/skilled players that have become inactive will no longer exist

3. Fatigue affect training speed.
I'm thinking of introducing a training speed penalty for heavily fatigued players. I'm mainly looking at this change affecting people who ignore fatigue in general and people who perhaps play youths in 3 matches per week in order to 'farm' experience.

The training speed penalties would cut in at moderate fatigue and would be something like

below moderate: no penalty
moderate: 15%
weary: 30%
listless: 45%
exhausted: 60%
shattered: 75%
clinically dead: 90%

Master Q

Good idea to post this, we need to get some discussion going.

Really like the HG idea, I've been a fan of it since it was proposed a while ago.

Haven't really looked into the bot flush one, a quick skim and I'm not so sure on it. I'll have a proper look tomorrow.

Btw I'm not sure if they are definitely going to be implemented.  ;)

PowerBug

Decided to do some maths, if the HG method was running this season, I'd be saving $65'646 per season. Unfortunately, the big bonus (obviously) comes on those players that keep their YP's, something I don't have alot of since I buy the 16yo's. Still think it'd be better than alot of others, not to mention that the figure will only go up should this come in next season.

I hope never to need to worry about the relegation system, but I don't like the 8th place can stay in their division possibility.

Cookie311993

I like the proposed ideas.

The financial "aid" so to speak, for Homegrown, I feel provides a little bit more incentive for teams to start running both squads. The youth academy system was lacking the financial boost to get people investing. I think this will provide just enough $$$ for people to invest more.

It could however cut down the amount of players available senior only sides

Justin Bieber

HOME GROWN BONUS! YES!!!!

Most know I haven't bought a player off the market in seasons, the oldest I have from the market is 10 seasons ago (who's still with me). Have quite a few who'll get that 8+ seasons wage discount, quite a lot of them Youth pulls. Can't wait until it comes in next season :D.

valkorum

I dont mind both of these changes.  The home grown wage is not going to affect me as I sell my players after their 4th season.  I like the idea of a bot flush at the end of every season.

chrisuzz

PowerBug

Oh wait, does the effect only come in after 4 seasons? I thought it was included every season a player was at their club?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: PowerBug on October 29, 2013, 06:39:38 PM
Oh wait, does the effect only come in after 4 seasons? I thought it was included every season a player was at their club?
Hoping they take into account past seasons for it. Youth Pulls get that 5% discount straight away I think, then the others depend on how long they've been at the club.

CrowsFan

Like the home grown rule, but it's going to get confusing when buying players trying to judge how far along in primary training they are...

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 30, 2013, 02:47:02 PM
Like the home grown rule, but it's going to get confusing when buying players trying to judge how far along in primary training they are...

Hopefully they show both wages?

Cyrus

it still should show actual wage the %off will be on the finance page

PowerBug

yes I've read that when buying a player you will be viewing their full wage.

EDIT: And ash has another thread going for a 3rd change, one that I am all for due to my massive dislike for youth farms.

I'm thinking of introducing a training speed penalty for heavily fatigued players. I'm mainly looking at this change affecting people who ignore fatigue in general and people who perhaps play youths in 3 matches per week in order to 'farm' experience.

The training speed penalties would cut in at moderate fatigue and would be something like

below moderate: no penalty
moderate: 15%
weary: 30%
listless: 45%
exhausted: 60%
shattered: 75%
clinically dead: 90%

valkorum

I am not happy about that change.

CrowsFan

Quote from: valkorum on October 30, 2013, 09:39:15 PM
I am not happy about that change.
Ditto. Completely destroys my plan if it goes ahead...