Cahill scores fastest MLS goal

Started by Cicjose, October 21, 2013, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specky92

Holz

Quote from: Cicjose on October 22, 2013, 05:57:48 PM
then you mustn't follow hockey then Holz but yeah

the point is unless we put all our money into youth development the best youngsters will leave as soon as possible

knew i forgot another big sport. I definately dont follow it, i couldn't name one player in the history of the sport.

you would have to throw way too much money away because the type of money getting thrown around overseas is such that even if we doubled or tripled spending its not going to do much. What can we possibly offer to bring the talent in from overseas to train up our youth.

them leaving is the best thing for our international squads as they will get the correct training. If anything if you want to increase our competetivness what we should do is actually help youngers get drafted overseas on the condition that they play international games.

truth is we will always have old has beens and guys not good enough to play overseas.

tbagrocks

Missing my point, never said the kids shouldn't leave asap. I said that once they have been there and are over 30 they should come back and give back to the A league and at least try and make us half decent! Gotta at least have a go! ;)

Or are some just too money hungry tossbags?

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 22, 2013, 06:14:21 PM
Missing my point, never said the kids shouldn't leave asap. I said that once they have been there and are over 30 they should come back and give back to the A league and at least try and make us half decent! Gotta at least have a go! ;)

Or are some just too money hungry tossbags?

not always just about the money the competition is also better and when you can still play better to do it in a good league than dominate in a rubbish league.

tbagrocks

Fair enough and I maybe a little unrealistic, just looking at what could be possible, if they all come back after they turn thirty or so, things would change. Optimistic yes but why not? Get them all on board and try make us decent! Up to the better players now

PowerBug

I think getting ADP, Heskey and Kewell (twice) has been brilliant by A-League and the clubs involved. Gotta start somewhere, and if it's old fellas that'll get people through the gates, then that's the way to do it. Slowly those old players will get younger, and better, and it'll be a very good competition. It already is a close competition, there are many teamt that could take out the title this year imo.

A-League is on the improve, can't go from nothing to brilliant in two seasons, got to start somewhere, and those three, and having a FTA game each week, is brilliant. :)