Good to see Aussies doing well overseas...well at least individuals ;D

caluuum

Quote from: vinny on October 21, 2013, 08:57:13 PM
Good to see Aussies doing well overseas...well at least individuals ;D
in any sport really

Vinny

nrich102

tbagrocks

Should have come back home to help our A League!!! ::)

Cicjose

tbagrocks

nrich102

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 22, 2013, 04:06:01 PM
Should have come back home to help our A League!!! ::)
Should come to the roar ;)

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 22, 2013, 04:22:05 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on October 22, 2013, 04:07:00 PM
why?
Are you serious? Come on you're a smart fella you should know why

he is too good to play in the aleague. Its like saying Chris Judd should play in the VFL to support it.

tbagrocks

There is the problem, our League will never be good enough and we will never compete for world trophies, the kids leave early for theor own development and nobody gives a rats about developing a top league here in Oz

Great attitude by all here ;)  Only takes a few Cahill's to make the decision to come back, great to see everyone on the same page. Get used to a mediocre comp and national side with that attitude!

Vinny

Quote from: Holzman on October 22, 2013, 05:10:59 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on October 22, 2013, 04:22:05 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on October 22, 2013, 04:07:00 PM
why?
Are you serious? Come on you're a smart fella you should know why

he is too good to play in the aleague. Its like saying Chris Judd should play in the VFL to support it.

I like that example. :)

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 22, 2013, 05:15:37 PM
There is the problem, our League will never be good enough and we will never compete for world trophies, the kids leave early for theor own development and nobody gives a rats about developing a top league here in Oz

Great attitude by all here ;)  Only takes a few Cahill's to make the decision to come back, great to see everyone on the same page. Get used to a mediocre comp and national side with that attitude!

we will never compete for world trophies as we have a population of 22 million and its not our number one sport (dont care that its the number 1 played its knowhere near AFL).

No point trying to be something we are not and expect players to restrict themselves in terms of earning potential or career development.

If i was any good I would leave Australia as soon as i could unless I was a cricket or AFL player.

Cicjose

then you mustn't follow hockey then Holz but yeah

the point is unless we put all our money into youth development the best youngsters will leave as soon as possible