Points Cap, Query, Discussion, Debate

Started by kilbluff1985, October 09, 2013, 08:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Guys just wondering

does anyone else think it's unfair if a teams restricted trading due to there points being low but mainly due to LTI or suspensions ?

like Tokyo's points are way down because of

Suckling
Tippett
Fasolo
Rivers etc
could prob name more

can a rule be introduced to maybe fix this? i'm sure i'm not the only team in this position

just putting this out there like admin to rule if they are in there AFL teams best 22 and have an LTI or long suspension like Tippett then there averages are added to points cap?

might be a stupid suggestion but cant hurt :-X

JBs-Hawks

Holz

its hard because i agree with your team's circumstances with black and white rules sometimes things like this slip through the cracks. You guys have a very strong team and a similar thing happens with Buenos Aires with a very low cap compared to the scores they actually pump out.

only issue is if you start bending rules where do you end it.

happy to go with whatever Ossie says but i think this injury thing needs to be looked at, becasue teams up the top can also exploit it. the cap is supposed to balance the comp but if i was over the cap I would probably target guys like Tippett and Suckling to get a really strong team while still going under the cap.

Bit of an issue I think if a player like Brad Hill who pumps out 60s every week counts as 1000 points and guys like Suckling count as a zero.

the cap is fine just think it might need a tweak for injuries.

JBs-Hawks

Best way for that would be to count there best points total of the last two years.

ossie85

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 09, 2013, 08:34:12 PM
Best way for that would be to count there best points total of the last two years.

^ not a bad idea, and easy to calculate

Jay

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 09, 2013, 08:34:12 PM
+1

ossie85

Would have to apply for the NEXT trade period, very much against changing rules midway through

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on October 10, 2013, 09:36:43 AM

Would have to apply for the NEXT trade period, very much against changing rules midway through

definately, would help if the rules are chaning before trade period 2 as i might plan a little differently. As it stands i plan on picking up injured players next year. If this isnt the case might need to rethink abit.

elephants

Is there a record for the lowest total points ever? After the 100 retirements/ delistings that NDT are copping I think we could be heading there..

Jay

I think as well as the points cap, the trade voting system has to be changed too. Not sure about everyone else, but I'd rather the way AXV does it, by giving Ossie all the power to neg/accept trades if they are very unfair.

elephants

Quote from: Jayman on October 15, 2013, 04:44:19 PM
I think as well as the points cap, the trade voting system has to be changed too. Not sure about everyone else, but I'd rather the way AXV does it, by giving Ossie all the power to neg/accept trades if they are very unfair.

On this, I like the way Ringo does it in BXV.

He has all the power but if he thinks its too close to call or if he declines it, the trade is referred to the trades committee which is made up of three external coaches to the BXV.

Jay

Quote from: elephants on October 15, 2013, 04:50:06 PM

He has all the power but if he thinks its too close to call or if he declines it, the trade is referred to the trades committee which is made up of three external coaches to the BXV.
Not a huge fan of that method. It's better than the current one, but I'd be concerned that the trade comittee would vote more in regards to just the talent included in the deal rather than the state of the 2 team's lists.

I just think the current method has to go, allows for too much strategy. Oss should have all the power. It works great in AXV.

elephants

Quote from: Jayman on October 15, 2013, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 15, 2013, 04:50:06 PM

Not a huge fan of that method. It's better than the current one, but I'd be concerned that the trade comittee would vote more in regards to just the talent included in the deal rather than the state of the 2 team's lists.

I just think the current method has to go, allows for too much strategy. Oss should have all the power. It works great in AXV.
Think you're under estimating the quality of the BXV trades committee :o

Master Q

It's fine how it is Jay.

You just seem a little butthurt  :P

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on October 15, 2013, 05:16:07 PM
It's fine how it is Jay.

You just seem a little butthurt  :P
If a trade gets negged when it improves both the lists of the teams involved then there is something wrong with the voting system.