SC 2014 Profile: Levi Greenwood

Started by KoopKicka, September 24, 2013, 07:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Is Levi more or less likely to improve his output at Collingwood? Could be an intriguing choice mid-season next year

SydneyRox

would think it would effect him early as he learns new game plans. would slot into beams role, so could go well with pendles taking the tag

roo boys!

As much as I really hate to say it, was coming into his own, and his finals have me a little concerned for what he will offer the Pies going forward. Especially his second half against Essendon, was phenomenal and dragged North over the line.

On one hand, I wish him all the best. On the other, I hope he flops and wishes he stayed at the club that nurtured and developed him, and watches North competing for a flag in a few years while his side misses the 8.

Ricochet

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 07, 2014, 09:12:02 PM
Is Levi more or less likely to improve his output at Collingwood? Could be an intriguing choice mid-season next year
Im thinking he might increase his output. Was used as a tagger quite a few times at North resulting in some average scores. When let lose he went nuts. With macaffer already at Pies you wouldnt think he'd have too many negating roles

_wato

But with Macaffer gone for most/if not all next year I suppose he'd be given that run with role again..

If not I may jump on, priced at a 94 average so will only cost you around $510k next year.. Could pump out 105+ very easily.

However that price is awkward, and I dunno whether I'd splurge that much on him.

Vinny

Surely you wouldn't give a player 400k to play a run with role though man?

Definitely will be an interesting option but I think I'll pass.

_wato

Quote from: Vinny on October 07, 2014, 11:11:02 PM
Surely you wouldn't give a player 400k to play a run with role though man?

Definitely will be an interesting option but I think I'll pass.

He did all this year mate, wasn't a tagger as such but ran with the oppositions best mid and kept them honest while hurting them the other way.,

Spite

Caff said he will be right for Round 1 at this stage due to a later start to the season so may not need to worry on that front

_wato

Macaffer did his ACL mid August so the earliest he will be back after the 9 month layoff is late May - early June and the season starts  at the beginning of April which means he will miss the first 8-10 weeks of next year unless he comes back before that time which could be a risk having previously done it before.

Ricochet

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-10-08/taggers-recovery-on-track

Football Director Rodney Eade said the club would target an April or May return for Macaffer despite the midfielder saying at last week's best and fairest he was targeting a round one return.

Spite

Quote from: _wato on October 08, 2014, 04:07:00 PM
Macaffer did his ACL mid August so the earliest he will be back after the 9 month layoff is late May - early June and the season starts  at the beginning of April which means he will miss the first 8-10 weeks of next year unless he comes back before that time which could be a risk having previously done it before.

Obviously I am aware mate... just telling you what Caffer said himself...

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 04, 2014, 09:58:19 AM
Quote from: KoopKicka on September 25, 2014, 12:14:18 AM
;D Called it 8)

So, 2013 was Chad Wingard, 2014 was Levi Greenwood, who will be 2015? :o

Luke Dunstan!
+1. In my XVIII's team. I think Dunstan will assume the Lenny Hayes role next season and kill it (just a second Ollie Wines)  :)