AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

I like the whole delisting after the drafts idea just much more simple not that the current system isn't but delisting after the drafts is even easier might suggest similar in BXV

elephants

Hey lads, Lez just messaged me saying he can't get on FF at the moment but he would like to PASS his current pick. This is has been known for a while that he was passing but he said to make it official 8)

BB67th

I think that I'll have Alex Pearce thanks.

BB67th

After all these passes, I believe that it is Taiwan's pick now so I will send a pm to Memph.

Justin Bieber

The player I wanted hasn't been picked!! Please good a bloke and let me pick my mate up in the rookie draft :)

Nails

Why are all these teams passing? I'm confused.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Nails on November 24, 2013, 06:11:47 PM

well you cannot take a national draft pick if your senior list is full.

2 teams have passed to get the pick in the rookie draft and will use their next pick to upgrade a rook to the remaining free spot on their senior list.  this is just clever :)

but yeah think that explains it :)

another reason clubs with list spots left free on their senior list might pass is to have the free spot on their senior list to place a player they take in our preseason/rookie draft.

tbagrocks

Really? Maybe they wanted to keep guys on their list rather than banking on 40 something draft picks and delisting enough players to use em?  ???

Not that it matters, Llamas smashed you all this year ;D

Adamant

The left over player pool is better than the remaining NAT draft picks imo.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Adamant on November 24, 2013, 06:24:39 PM

The left over player pool is better than the remaining NAT draft picks imo.

i did try to bring it to peoples attention pre draf there would be players taken early in the preseason/rookie draft clubs might want on their senior lists more than late nat draft picked players.

this is true.

Nails

Where'd that list go? I saw it posted once but lost it :( Maybe I should have chased the rook picks idk

Memphistopheles

Well I was going to pass here like a lot of others but because of all the passing before me I've changed my mind as there are still a few players I like left and I have plenty of room on the senior list.

We need more midfielders so we'll have Nick Holman who by all reports is a similar player to the highly-rated Nick Graham the Blues took last year.

BB67th

While it is not yet out pick, Manila will be elevating rookies with our last two picks, so I have updated those selections on the opening page so that we are not waiting around when it comes to my pick. Not that it really matters with the speed that we are going at. It is just amazing how quick we are getting through this draft, never thought it would be done before the AFL Rookie Draft, but it definitely looks like it will!

If anyone else is absolutely dead certain that they will be using a pick for a rookie upgrade or a pass that is not already updated on the opening page, post here or send me a pm and I can update it for you now.

Nails

Darcy Gardiner best fantasy KPP there will ever be ;)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BB67th on November 24, 2013, 07:25:01 PM
While it is not yet out pick, Manila will be elevating rookies with our last two picks, so I have updated those selections on the opening page so that we are not waiting around when it comes to my pick. Not that it really matters with the speed that we are going at. It is just amazing how quick we are getting through this draft, never thought it would be done before the AFL Rookie Draft, but it definitely looks like it will!

If anyone else is absolutely dead certain that they will be using a pick for a rookie upgrade or a pass that is not already updated on the opening page, post here or send me a pm and I can update it for you now.

Yes read this and do what BB siad... please :)

AXVS have always been the best most active xvs group in the land - but we don't always read too good  :)