AXVS: 2013 OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD

Started by Colliwobblers, September 15, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

All picks now updated including Colli's pick there. We are now through the first round, great job everyone, getting through it in under a day!

Also it would appear that, despite having picks left, the Sri Lanka Strikers now have a completely full senior list, and therefore will need to pass on all of their remaining National Draft Picks I believe.

nostradamus

Quote from: BB67th on November 22, 2013, 07:45:44 PM
All picks now updated including Colli's pick there. We are now through the first round, great job everyone, getting through it in under a day!

Also it would appear that, despite having picks left, the Sri Lanka Strikers now have a completely full senior list, and therefore will need to pass on all of their remaining National Draft Picks I believe.

surely they go on the rookie list now

Colliwobblers

Quote from: nostradamus on November 22, 2013, 07:49:52 PM

no they cannot - rules are pretty clear.

nostradamus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 22, 2013, 07:50:39 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 22, 2013, 07:49:52 PM

rules are rules then

no they cannot - rules are pretty clear.

Nige

Yeah, I believe it was stressed a fair bit by the admins that in order to take ND picks you had to have enough list spaces, hence the Llamas getting rid of Shaun Edwards...

Memphistopheles

This might be a big gamble but given the scoring system (rewards goals and tackles) and his talent I'm going to make the call and take Dayle Garlett at Pick 17.

I just think that at Hawthorn he will thrive and it could be a similar situation to Jack Darling - he turns out to be the biggest draft steal.

Also a huge factor was that I don't believe he would have been there at my next pick.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 22, 2013, 07:54:00 PM
This might be a big gamble but given the scoring system (rewards goals and tackles) and his talent I'm going to make the call and take Dayle Garlett at Pick 17.

I just think that at Hawthorn he will thrive and it could be a similar situation to Jack Darling - he turns out to be the biggest draft steal.

Also a huge factor was that I don't believe he would have been there at my next pick.

doesn't seem like much of a risk to me - good pick

PLAYER ASSESSMENT
Medium forward with dynamic left foot which he uses well, both around goals and in setting up the play. Has ability to find space consistently and excels at stoppages. All Australian at Under 18s level in 2012 and has had an excellent senior year with Swan Districts, kicking 45 goals.

Memphistopheles

Nige

The bag and I have discussed this and he seems happy to agree with me on this.

Might as well make the pick on behalf of the team Llamas.

We'll take Blake Acres.

Colliwobblers

another fwd - like the look of this one too.

where is that troublesome crab, should be on line half the draft is his to take :)

RidleyU

Nost and I have spoken about this pick a fair bit. Nost is currently offline so I will post the selection to keep the draft moving.

Crabs select Trent Dumont.

Toga

There goes my two boys :'(. (Garlett & Acres)

tbagrocks

Quote from: NigeyS on November 22, 2013, 07:59:21 PM

We'll take Blake Acres.
Just like a good General Manager ;)

Keep picking midfielders crabs ::)  soon you won't have anyone left to play anywhere else :P

Jroo

We'll take Blake Acres.
Very good Nige, it was out of Salem and Arces for pick 13.
Tbag has down quite well in this draft

RidleyU

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 22, 2013, 08:05:29 PM

We'll take Blake Acres.
Just like a good General Manager ;)

Keep picking midfielders crabs ::)  soon you won't have anyone left to play anywhere else :P

Come see us when you are after a decent young midfielder mate  ::)

PM sent to Colli