Cash league scams

Started by Richoricho, September 11, 2013, 01:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan1812

You could track this guy down through his bank details. I still have them. He has committed fraud. Would love to get my $50 back. I'm stupid to have fallen for his scam.

Noz

Quote from: Rowan1812 on February 17, 2014, 04:13:03 PM
Is this guy Andrew cichello? I joined his cash league and paid $50 to him. I didn't win so assumed the money went to the winner. The winner was the guy who won the whole thing and $50000.
I think if the bloke won 50 grand in your league he wouldn't really care about not getting an extra 900 bucks.

If people decide to give 50 bucks to a bloke online without even knowing who he is then you really do deserve to be cheated.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Rowan1812 on February 17, 2014, 04:15:01 PM
You could track this guy down through his bank details. I still have them. He has committed fraud. Would love to get my $50 back. I'm stupid to have fallen for his scam.

Two Andrew Cichello's from Melbourne on Facebook, one of whom seems to be an Essendon supporter with an interesting in gambling.

.MorgioH.

I entered into a cash league in 2012 that was advertised on fanfooty and won ($1,000) and yes, I was paid. I entered into this Andrew CICHLLO's league last season and lost in the leagues Grandfinal match to the bloke who won 50k, I assumed he was paid, but with the comments on this thread, apparently not!

I checked my old emails, he was advertising $20, $50 & $100 leagues. His email is andrewcich@hotmail.com.

bowyanger

Quote from: Rowan1812 on February 17, 2014, 04:13:03 PM
Is this guy Andrew cichello? I joined his cash league and paid $50 to him. I didn't win so assumed the money went to the winner. The winner was the guy who won the whole thing and $50000.

I was in that league as well

RaisyDaisy

It's important that we all make sure this never happens again

Mods - A quick fix for this would be simply monitoring the threads that get started about cash leagues - and unless the person starting the thread and league is a known and trusted member on the site, then the person starting the thread is simply sent a PM by the Mod informing them that there thread has bee removed due to not meeting the criteria of being a trusted FF member

For the rest of us, if we see someone asking for money to join their cash league, and they look new here or whatever, we let the Mods know

Together we can easily make sure this doesn't happen again

Grazz

Should go after him, thats pretty low. :(

Noz

Why would you join a cash league with someone over the Internet that has barely posted at all on this website?

Grazz

Quote from: Noz on March 04, 2014, 11:17:23 PM
Why would you join a cash league with someone over the Internet that has barely posted at all on this website?

When you could just give it to me. :)

Nails

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 04, 2014, 10:48:47 PM

Mods - A quick fix for this would be simply monitoring the threads that get started about cash leagues - and unless the person starting the thread and league is a known and trusted member on the site, then the person starting the thread is simply sent a PM by the Mod informing them that there thread has bee removed due to not meeting the criteria of being a trusted FF member

For the rest of us, if we see someone asking for money to join their cash league, and they look new here or whatever, we let the Mods know

Even trusted members can't be trusted 100% (except me ;) ) $900 (or more or less depending on buy in) is a lot for some people and even trusted members haven't really had $900 entrusted to them before. Really it's buyer beware and you have to make your own judgement call.

But at the end of the day, like seriously, would you trust that Grazz guy? He looks pretty shady to me ;)

Grazz

Nails

Just found a video of Grazz's dog on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

Don't trust him.

Grazz

Quote from: Nails on March 04, 2014, 11:30:01 PM
Just found a video of Grazz's dog on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

Don't trust him.

What now your spying on me, bloody stalkers . (Does look like Cooper)   ???

LF

The mods do monitor it to an extent
The best thing to do is use the report button :)

ossie85

Quote from: luvfooty on March 04, 2014, 11:33:32 PM

The mods do monitor it to an extent
The best thing to do is use the report button :)

+1