EXV: 2013 / 2014 Offseason Central

Started by Spinking, September 08, 2013, 08:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on September 10, 2013, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: Holzman on September 10, 2013, 03:31:28 PM
I like that idea, will run with it unless anyone has any objections.

Forgot to add in trade period 1 that trades wouldn't need to be one for one because we can delist/draft players to adjust our list sizes to the proper number (40?). Would also mean we need our delistings confirmed before the drafts in mid December.

Also, you will have to decide on the amounts of movements for each period and which players/picks count as a list movement.

yeah trade period 1 can be uneven. i was going to go with 4-6 in both periods with a max of 10. unless again if someoen oposes

Nails

I reckon just 10 (if that's what's decided) across both periods. Not a specific limit for either period.

As in a coach could make 10 trades in period 1 and 0 in 2 or 10 in period 2 and 0 in period 1

or 3 in 1 period 7 in the other or any mix of them. As long as the max is 10 for the 2 combined periods.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on September 10, 2013, 03:50:21 PM
I reckon just 10 (if that's what's decided) across both periods. Not a specific limit for either period.

As in a coach could make 10 trades in period 1 and 0 in 2 or 10 in period 2 and 0 in period 1

or 3 in 1 period 7 in the other or any mix of them. As long as the max is 10 for the 2 combined periods.

the worry is though that teams will go trade crazy in perio 1, than have dpp changes and be screwed.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Holzman on September 10, 2013, 04:06:37 PM

the worry is though that teams will go trade crazy in perio 1, than have dpp changes and be screwed.

Dpp trade period where only dpp changed players can be traded?

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on September 10, 2013, 04:06:37 PM

To be fair, they would still have Nat and Rookie draft to fix and it would be entirely their own fault lol. I reckon 4-6 is a good idea though.

Spinking

Quote from: Scrads on September 10, 2013, 03:14:20 PM
Yeah don't like the idea of mass movements between seasons. Also don't like the idea of a complete 2 month dearth of nothingness in the EXV though. How about this for a suggestion:

Trade Period 1: from now until day before AC and official positions are released (mid December). X amount of list movements.

National draft, immediately followed by rookie draft.

Trade Period 2: starts after drafts are done (early-mid January) until a week or two before NAB (mid Feb). X amount of list movements. This period would have to be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 etc.

That means:
-DPP changes can be fixed via the Nat draft, Rookie draft and second trade period.
-The competition remains constantly 'active' over the off-season
-Trade periods can still have the appropriate limits to prevent mass changes to teams
-Only real downside is we do our drafts about a month after they happen in real life, but is that really an issue? Just means more time for planning really.

Yep, like this!  Anyone know the dates of the AFL Nat and Rookie drafts?

Nails

They can on trade the players they traded in to fix that couldn't they? Would be their own fault.

Scrads

Quote from: Spinking on September 10, 2013, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: Scrads on September 10, 2013, 03:14:20 PM
Yeah don't like the idea of mass movements between seasons. Also don't like the idea of a complete 2 month dearth of nothingness in the EXV though. How about this for a suggestion:

Trade Period 1: from now until day before AC and official positions are released (mid December). X amount of list movements.

National draft, immediately followed by rookie draft.

Trade Period 2: starts after drafts are done (early-mid January) until a week or two before NAB (mid Feb). X amount of list movements. This period would have to be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 etc.

That means:
-DPP changes can be fixed via the Nat draft, Rookie draft and second trade period.
-The competition remains constantly 'active' over the off-season
-Trade periods can still have the appropriate limits to prevent mass changes to teams
-Only real downside is we do our drafts about a month after they happen in real life, but is that really an issue? Just means more time for planning really.

Yep, like this!  Anyone know the dates of the AFL Nat and Rookie drafts?

Don't know exactly but they are in November sometime. I am on phone atm but if you Google they won't be hard to find exact dates.

Adamant

Can't wait for trading to start, so pumped. :D

Ziplock

Quote from: Adamant on September 10, 2013, 10:02:17 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

wait until you talk to fark.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on September 11, 2013, 12:31:16 PM
Quote from: Adamant on September 10, 2013, 10:02:17 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

wait until you talk to fark.

He already has ;)

Ziplock

is that why he hasn't responded since last night? too busy slitting his wrists? :P

elephants

Just wait until Friday ;)

And not sure you can talk, trade raping us last year in the Murphy deal! #badbloke

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Ziplock on September 11, 2013, 02:24:57 PM
is that why he hasn't responded since last night? too busy slitting his wrists? :P

I probably wont be sending you many pms this year #teamfullofspuds

Adamant

FARK has actually been pretty good with his trade offers/negotiations so far. :P