EXV: 2013 / 2014 Offseason Central

Started by Spinking, September 08, 2013, 08:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Just a suggestion for trade period 3, maybe give us like 4 movements but make it draftees can't be traded and players who played 8+ games during the season can't be traded or something like that.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on September 10, 2013, 11:59:40 AM
Just a suggestion for trade period 3, maybe give us like 4 movements but make it draftees can't be traded and players who played 8+ games during the season can't be traded or something like that.

i was going to go with no trade period 3 and an additional 2 trades can be used in trade period 2 if you can justify legitiamte dpp reasons.

for example last year in the wolrds I did Dale Thomas + Troy Chaplin for Joel Selwood + Lachie Hunter. the reason I already had enough forwards and was lacking mids so I would have had the have played daisy in the mids which is a waste so traded him for a mid only.

elephants

Everyone knows we will be chomping at the bit to trade during the nab, why not have a baby period then? :P

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on September 10, 2013, 12:04:55 PM

i was going to go with no trade period 3 and an additional 2 trades can be used in trade period 2 if you can justify legitiamte dpp reasons.

for example last year in the wolrds I did Dale Thomas + Troy Chaplin for Joel Selwood + Lachie Hunter. the reason I already had enough forwards and was lacking mids so I would have had the have played daisy in the mids which is a waste so traded him for a mid only.

What's the point of that? If you need to fix DPP changes you can use your 4-6 trades you already get in that period to fix it up, you shouldn't need an additional 2 movements.

Scrads

Agree that we don't need a trade period 3 though, unless it's for novelty reasons.

elephants

Trading is great Scradsy, don't be a spoil sport ;)

Sure its not crucial but its not hurting anyone! :D

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on September 10, 2013, 12:28:22 PM

What's the point of that? If you need to fix DPP changes you can use your 4-6 trades you already get in that period to fix it up, you shouldn't need an additional 2 movements.

good point. think just scrap trade period 3 all together. Really 10 trade movements is alot and will probably restrict it even furter next year. So my advice is set your team up this year as hopefully you will be keeping it in the long run. The picks will hopefully be the main way you build a team in the future with a few trades.

Like the afl system. 

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on September 10, 2013, 12:39:02 PM
Quote from: Scrads on September 10, 2013, 12:28:22 PM

good point. think just scrap trade period 3 all together. Really 10 trade movements is alot and will probably restrict it even furter next year. So my advice is set your team up this year as hopefully you will be keeping it in the long run. The picks will hopefully be the main way you build a team in the future with a few trades.

Like the afl system.

Which I completely agree with, the only downside is that after our rookie draft finishes (which will probably be about January 20 if it starts on the 11th) then the EXV will have literally nothing to do until late March (barring NAB friendlies, but that is only 2 weeks + a rep game in the AFL next year)

Nails

Somebody should trade the Metal players to improve their team

JBs-Hawks

Holz

Quote from: elephants on September 10, 2013, 01:55:27 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 10, 2013, 01:48:17 PM
#vote1unlimitedlismovements

#agree

10 + picks is more than enough. in fact its very lenient will likely be 6-8 in 2014.

could always put it to a vote but i have alot of PMs about people wanting the cap.

Scrads

Yeah don't like the idea of mass movements between seasons. Also don't like the idea of a complete 2 month dearth of nothingness in the EXV though. How about this for a suggestion:

Trade Period 1: from now until day before AC and official positions are released (mid December). X amount of list movements.

National draft, immediately followed by rookie draft.

Trade Period 2: starts after drafts are done (early-mid January) until a week or two before NAB (mid Feb). X amount of list movements. This period would have to be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 etc.

That means:
-DPP changes can be fixed via the Nat draft, Rookie draft and second trade period.
-The competition remains constantly 'active' over the off-season
-Trade periods can still have the appropriate limits to prevent mass changes to teams
-Only real downside is we do our drafts about a month after they happen in real life, but is that really an issue? Just means more time for planning really.

Holz

I like that idea, will run with it unless anyone has any objections.

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on September 10, 2013, 03:31:28 PM
I like that idea, will run with it unless anyone has any objections.

Forgot to add in trade period 1 that trades wouldn't need to be one for one because we can delist/draft players to adjust our list sizes to the proper number (40?). Would also mean we need our delistings confirmed before the drafts in mid December.

Also, you will have to decide on the amounts of movements for each period and which players/picks count as a list movement.